Ticket Problem - advice needed

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
cjpw_w
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp W

Ticket Problem - advice needed

Postby cjpw_w » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:18 am

Hi All,

i need a bit of help!

My tickets arrived late so i had to have them forwarded to where i am now (lisbon, portugal). The tickets have got stuck in the Portuguese postal system and wont arrive before i leave for burning man. My mum took a photo of the tickets before she forwarded them to me, so i have a photo and the ticket number - but i wont have the physical paper ticket

Any ideas on what i can do, i am really desperate! i emailed BM ticket supposed but no one got back to me....i spent so much on this trip if cant get in now it will be a disaster

Thanks in advance...

chris

Slug
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CampDIY

Re: Ticket Problem - advice needed

Postby Slug » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am

Preface: your situation is shitty and you have my sympathy.

Official policy is that you are required to have a ticket in your hand when you reach the gate. It's highly unlikely that BM ticket support will tell you anything different. Printouts or photos or copies are not acceptable substitutes.

What are the chances the tickets will get to your new house before you leave for the playa? If someone is checking your mail and the tickets arrive, I would ask that person send them overnight by FedEx/UPS/etc. to wherever you're staying. (It's going to be expensive and that sucks but having your ticket is the ONLY way to be 100% sure you get in.) It also may delay your arrival on playa by a day or 3, but again better than nothing.

You can try showing up at the gate with your mom's pictures of the tickets, begging and pleading. Your chances of success are extremely small but you never know. Don't even try this if your pictures don't show the back of the tickets, complete with the QR code and ticket number because I can guarantee 100% failure without that.

I would also start bribing/threatening/begging everyone in the Portuguese mail system until your tickets are in your hand.

cjpw_w
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp W

Postby cjpw_w » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. . Just been to the depot of the postal company to try and do something but it's completely closed. I have to leave for the airport in a few hours so zero chance of getting them in hand now. I will do the fastest shipping and hopefully they will arrive on Monday!

Thanks again.

Slug
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CampDIY

Postby Slug » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:53 pm

I'm curious how things turned out for you???

Hope your trip was a success!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”