Can you leave a ticket at willcall for another person?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Fandango!

Can you leave a ticket at willcall for another person?

Postby kawaiikid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Things are getting down to the wire here, and we have a ticket that couldn't make it to us in time because of a semi breakdown. I'm wondering if it is possible to have our camp mate that has early entry to drop off the ticket at will call for us, and we can pick it up on Sunday when we arrive. This is a physical ticket and not an already will call order.
I can't think of another solution for this > <

Burning Since: 2000

Re: Can you leave a ticket at willcall for another person?

Postby atomosk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 pm

This is a late reply, but for the benefit of anyone else looking, yes you can leave a physical ticket for another person at will call. At least this has been true in years past.

When you leave the ticket make sure you correctly spell the name of the person picking it up. A camp member of mine was once refused a ticket left for them at will call because their ID didn't match the misspelled name left with the ticket.

Re: Can you leave a ticket at willcall for another person?

Postby sinckler » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:19 pm

be careful. i thought this was how it went, also. hard-ticket had been left for me at will-call in years past, and having been screwed out of ticket and camp, initially, then scammed via ticket-fly transfer once i had to enter last-minute scramble-ville, i reached out to connections inside the city and was under the impression that physical ticket was left at will-call. when i arrived with my ID, i was told it's frowned upon bc of the likelihood that someone could reach in thru their window and take it, so, even physical tix need to be processed thru the system. again, this entire tech-exercise is new to me as a novice burner returning after a stretch of years away. the scam-struggle is real, and i was not ready. clearly, my experience wasn't consistent with how countless others who'd been ultimately rendered ticket-less were handled. i can't undo any of that, my delorian's in the shop ;) at the end of the day, most of how you think it should go, is not the way it is, anymore...

Return to “Tickets Discussion”