Tix stolen en route - advice needed!

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Honeysuckle1313
Burning Since: 2017

Tix stolen en route - advice needed!

Postby Honeysuckle1313 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Stopped for lunch in Salt Lake City while driving across country from Baltimore. While eating, our car window was smashed and our suitcase and backpack which contained our tickets was stolen.

We're deciding whether to continue on and try our luck at the gate. Burning Man org isn't responding to us, ticketfly can't help and said to contact Burning Man org. Everything I'm reading sounds like we're out of luck, but after coming so far I'd hate to not at least try the gate. We don't have pictures of the back of the tickets, just the front and our order confirmation.

Looking for ANY advice on whether it's worth trying to see if we can make it in. If not, plan B is a road trip around national parks, but would be easier from Salt Lake. Don't want to waste time, but don't wanna give up...this really sucks. :(

Anyone have info on whether they can do anything for us??

Thank you!

Canoe

Re: Tix stolen en route - advice needed!

Postby Canoe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Never nice when that happens...

We're just the forum here, not the org, etc..
You'll need to reach ticking support somehow.
The only contact I know of is ticketsupport@burningman.org.
Not sure if that's even were you report stolen tickets so they can void them. You may find more contact methods by search for threads from prior years.

How many tickets did you lose?
And you'd obviously need a Vehicle Pass too.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Tix stolen en route - advice needed!

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself to go to the gate and see what happens. So do it. The sooner you get there, the sooner the tickets can be canceled.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “Tickets Discussion”