has Lost & Found started returning lost items?

Lost something on the playa? Tell us about it here.
imrikkibobbi
Burning Since: 2017

has Lost & Found started returning lost items?

Post by imrikkibobbi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Has anyone had any contact back from L&F post event, been about 10 days since i submitted a claim for my stuff and have yet to hear a single work back and I followed up after one week by email yet still no reply :(

apexyanks
Burning Since: 2015

Re: has Lost & Found started returning lost items?

Post by apexyanks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:16 pm

With regards to lost phones, I was told via email on 9/19 that "The AT&T and Verizon service providers said they will help us get phones returned. The plan is to provide them to the service providers tomorrow." This assumes you have one of those two providers, but I think it just takes a little bit of time. Another Burner posted on ePlaya that they had been contacted last week and their stuff is en route. Good luck!

hannekevw

Post by hannekevw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 am

Where can you submit a claim?

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 am

hannekevw wrote:Where can you submit a claim?
https://burningman.org/event/lost-and-found/.

I'm impressed with how much resource is put into returning lost and found items. They have thousands of dusty things, many hard to identify, much less classify. The return staff is also just plain exhausted after the burn.

In the early days there was no lost and found, just ground score. So count your dusty blessings if you lost something and it is returned!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

apexyanks

Post by apexyanks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:09 pm

lnf.burningman.org

Update: If you saw your phone on the website, but it's no longer posted, then chances are it has been returned to ATT/Verizon/other national carrier. It is now up to the carrier to get the phone back to you, as the phones are no longer in the physical possession of Burning Man Org. I'm losing slightly less hope by the day even though my phone was successfully identified, but fingers crossed for everyone else!

Lash
Burning Since: 2016

Post by Lash » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:33 am

I have the same issue and still cannot get Verizon to tell me what they have done with all these phones. I spoke with a woman at the SF BM office in charge of L&F and am trying to help her find out what's going on with the Verizon phones. The main branch manager in SF handed them over to a Verizon warehouse, and we cannot reach anyone to find out when the phones will be sorted and returned.

I do know I had some pretty groovy photos on that phone, and it's my back-up...so hoping to get it back and enjoy the memories before I "misplace" my newer phone, hahahaha.... I'll star this convo and come back to it if I find anything out...

Obviously this only helps if you have Verizon :(

XOXO,
Teal Summer..... how do I change my profile name now that I have a REAL playa name :D

apexyanks wrote:lnf.burningman.org

Update: If you saw your phone on the website, but it's no longer posted, then chances are it has been returned to ATT/Verizon/other national carrier. It is now up to the carrier to get the phone back to you, as the phones are no longer in the physical possession of Burning Man Org. I'm losing slightly less hope by the day even though my phone was successfully identified, but fingers crossed for everyone else!
Life is tough my darling....but so are you

softkitty
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp Porta Party

Post by softkitty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:51 am

I'm having the same issue with ATT... In late September I received an email from Lost & Found that I could reach out to ATT because Verizon and ATT phone were turned over to them for faster match up. I reached out to the person they directed to the very next day, the guy responded 3 days later with "Sorry for the late response can u tell me the phone model and color and home screen picture to see if we do have your phone." I responded less than 2 hours later with a description to which I have not heard back since even having sent multiple follow up emails as well. I called ATT this morning and spoke to a gentleman who said that he hasn't heard of a program where ATT helps people get their phones back and he can't help me. Hoping to get some clarity soon and get all my photos of Burning Man and my mom back :cry:

tschneider0814
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: 2012

Post by tschneider0814 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45 am

What is the link for pics of lost phones and what is process to claim them after the burn??

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “2017 Lost On-Playa”