Lost Black Fur Hat, unlined, small tag inside says Italy

Lost something on the playa? Tell us about it here.
Quenifer1
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: HotBroads!

Lost Black Fur Hat, unlined, small tag inside says Italy

Postby Quenifer1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 am

I lost a black lambs fur hat , it is an Italian ski hat with wool ties. Unlined, very furry unique item. If you have found please contact me.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Lost Black Fur Hat, unlined, small tag inside says Italy

Postby Ratty » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm curious. Why do you come here NOW? You are not the only one to show up over 2 months after you lost your item. I assume this was miss placed at the burn. What brought you here? Did you contact the BM lost & found? Did you look at their gallery of lost items? We are a very small community of burners. (Not much traffic here this time of year.) This is your first post. Welcome to ePlaya. Feel free to go to the 'Greeters' thread and introduce yourself.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Quenifer1

Postby Quenifer1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:46 am

Yes I did try lost and found and just received their reply. They suggested I try here as a last ditch effort . I've posted here in past years and reunited items with 3 different folks. Why harass me with questions?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Quenifer1, Sorry. I wasn't harassing you. No offense intended. This is your very FIRST post so I was curious. I was as polite as can be. I welcomed you and invited you to introduce yourself. Never mind. I wish you the best of luck finding your hat.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Sham

Postby Sham » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 am

Quenifer1 wrote:Yes I did try lost and found and just received their reply. They suggested I try here as a last ditch effort . I've posted here in past years and reunited items with 3 different folks. Why harass me with questions?

Quenifer, there are so many thousands of lost pieces of clothing on the playa. Pretty much an entire truck load of dusty things. I know the lost and found tends to put priority on lost major items like back packs, cell phones, cameras and other valuable pieces.
The sad reality of a lost hat is that it was probably not set aside by anyone who may have picked it up as moop. It's now two and a half months after Burning Man has ended, and a lost, unlined hat no longer exists. I think that was the point Ratty was making.
Also, keep in mind that there were 4000+ lost, abandoned, stolen and dumped bikes left on the playa. There could be nearly no attempt to identify these bikes and contact the owners of them. I hope you can understand how a hat is not really something that would be categorized and set aside.

Quenifer1

Postby Quenifer1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Please understand that I am well aware of that. However in years past , this year was my 10th, I have posted a few lost items of seemingly insignificant value and I have been reunited with the same. Considering the limited posts in general regarding lost and found items here, (I did review before I posted), I am not certain what your point is. This is an open forum and although it may annoy others that I am posting about a hat, if on the off chance I could be reunited with my item any annoyance is immaterial. To be frank I rarely if ever use eplaya because I have rarely seen an occasion where someone didn't feel the need to school me or others . Did I violate the policies of this forum? No. Did you need to school me? No. My goodness the time that you and the precious respondee must have.

Sham

Postby Sham » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:38 am

Quenifer1 wrote:Please understand that I am well aware of that. However in years past , this year was my 10th, I have posted a few lost items of seemingly insignificant value and I have been reunited with the same. Considering the limited posts in general regarding lost and found items here, (I did review before I posted), I am not certain what your point is. This is an open forum and although it may annoy others that I am posting about a hat, if on the off chance I could be reunited with my item any annoyance is immaterial. To be frank I rarely if ever use eplaya because I have rarely seen an occasion where someone didn't feel the need to school me or others . Did I violate the policies of this forum? No. Did you need to school me? No. My goodness the time that you and the precious respondee must have.

I don't think anyone meant any disrespect to you. Imagine finding a mitten that someone dropped at a football game and having that person come back to the stadium 2 and a half months later looking for it. Now imagine that the stadium has thousands of lost hats, gloves, scarves and jackets. I guess your lost mitten is really now permanently lost.

Of course you didn't violate any terms of service. You can post for any lost item you wish. I think your posting may have just caught people a little surprised. 8)

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 am

Sham wrote:Of course you didn't violate any terms of service. You can post for any lost item you wish. I think your posting may have just caught people a little surprised. 8)

And besides, all it is is a stupid hat that likely nobody gives a crap about.

remi

Postby remi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:37 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Sham wrote:Of course you didn't violate any terms of service. You can post for any lost item you wish. I think your posting may have just caught people a little surprised. 8)

And besides, all it is is a stupid hat that likely nobody gives a crap about.

**** ALMOST nobody gives a crap about...
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Return to “2017 Lost On-Playa”