dgs ticketing minimum purchase question

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
mournlight

dgs ticketing minimum purchase question

Post by mournlight » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 am

In the DGS confirmation email, it states, "You may buy up to two (2) $425 tickets and up to one (1) $80 vehicle pass. In order to maximize your group’s full ticket allocation, tickets must be purchased in pairs. You are guaranteed access to these tickets for 48 hours from the start of the sale—after then the tickets will be reallocated."

I read this as, "If you want your camp to get the maximum return, everyone needs to purchase two" but a camp-mate reads it as, "every dgs purchase must be for two".

I don't think they'd want anyone to purchase more than needed - that would simply encourage usage other than for DGS needs. I do think it could impact how many allocations there are in the future, though.

Opinions? Hard facts?

Thanks!
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Re: dgs ticketing minimum purchase question

Post by danibel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 am

My opinion is that your camp was allocated a DGS which gives you the code to buy two tickets and vehicle sticker. That is what you should do. We received a few codes and one of our campers will be selling the second ticket to a campmate. That is how we are covering all our peeps. We don't see it as 3 DGS codes, we see it as 6 tickets and 3 VS. Period. That doesn't even cover our whole camp, so why would any of the three DGS codes buy only one ticket?

My camp also requests that any tickets purchased with a DGS and the buyer is unable to go, the ticket is offered through the camp and then the village before others.

DGS don't cover all the ticket needs of most camps getting them. that is a fact.
In dust we trust.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 pm

The way I read it is, if you get an allotment of DGS tix and you just buy a single ticket on a purchase, then your camp is going to be short a person that the org allowed you to have. It makes sense for everyone to buy the full allotment of tickets and make sure that everyone in the camp has access to them.

mournlight

Post by mournlight » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Thanks!
I agree that all should be purchased. Unfortunately, circumstances changed for one of our registrars after it closed, hence the questions. All will work out.
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:52 pm

You should buy 2 tickets and 1 VP with your DGS allocation. Everyone that got a DGS allocation should do the same.

You might want to see if someone in your camp can send the money to cover the second ticket to your friend with the issue.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Return to “Tickets Discussion”