Profile thinks I still have DGS tickets

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Summy
Burning Since: 2017

Profile thinks I still have DGS tickets

Post by Summy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:13 am

Hi there,

I had DGS tickets this year. Due to personal reasons I'm traveling with different people then I thought to BM.
So I decided to give the DGS tickets back to the camp because i'll be going with friends who are in a different camp.

So, I just transferred the tickets out of my ticketfly account.

But, now i can't register for the main sale, because my BM-profile still thinks that I have tickets :shock:
I'm kinda panicking here :roll:

Is there anything I can do?
(already contacted the ticket support, but they might not respond within 24h .. and then the registration will be over :cry: )

Sham

Re: Profile thinks I still have DGS tickets

Post by Sham » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 am

Summy wrote:Hi there,

I had DGS tickets this year. Due to personal reasons I'm traveling with different people then I thought to BM.
So I decided to give the DGS tickets back to the camp because i'll be going with friends who are in a different camp.

So, I just transferred the tickets out of my ticketfly account.

But, now i can't register for the main sale, because my BM-profile still thinks that I have tickets :shock:
I'm kinda panicking here :roll:

Is there anything I can do?
(already contacted the ticket support, but they might not respond within 24h .. and then the registration will be over :cry: )
Unless you can get tickets from another person, you bought your allotment of tickets and now you are out of the regular sale. I'm not sure why you gave up your tickets and put them in someone elses name. The DGS is just a conduit to get tickets. They are not associated with a particular camp, although the intent is to see that placed camps have enough in the group to make the magic happen.

Summy

Post by Summy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:08 am

Unless you can get tickets from another person, you bought your allotment of tickets and now you are out of the regular sale. I'm not sure why you gave up your tickets and put them in someone elses name. The DGS is just a conduit to get tickets. They are not associated with a particular camp, although the intent is to see that placed camps have enough in the group to make the magic happen.
Dammit.

I know there not associated with a camp. I felt that those tickets belong to people who could actually help set up the camp.
It's fucked up that I can't get tickets now. Maybe this is something for the organisation to look into for next year? Because doing the 'right' thing for the community is biting me in the ass right now.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:38 am

Arggh! No good deed goes unpunished.

Stay active in the community Summy, I've got to think a ticket will find its way to you.

Summy

Post by Summy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:08 am

Update: BM just 'cleared' me , so I was able to register for the sale! :D
burner von braun wrote:Arggh! No good deed goes unpunished.

Stay active in the community Summy, I've got to think a ticket will find its way to you.
Tnx! :)
I've made it so far, hopefully i'll get lucky in the sale 8)

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Woohoo! Kudos to Ticket support. I wasn't sure how far 'down the hallway' the DGS program was, and if they could straighten it out in time.

Good luck in the sale Summy!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”