multiple browsers

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
lanval
Burning Since: 2012

multiple browsers

Post by lanval » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 am

My partner and I only have one computer, can we use two different browsers - with our respective profiles - on one computer for the sale? I am concerned that the system would see one IP and not allow it...

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: multiple browsers

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

There was a report last year multiple computers from the same location also worked.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

lanval

Post by lanval » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 am

So, two browsers on one computer should work. Hopefully. :-)

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am

What may likely happen is that multiple browsers on the same machine would result in you constantly pushing yourself further back in the queue. Most modern ticketing systems have a fair amount of sophistication built in, specifically to prevent people from a) using multiple browser tabs, and b) using multiple browsers on the same machine. One way ticketing agencies prevent people from gaming the system by way of securing multiple places in line with multiple browsers/tabs is to bounce them all to the most recent place in line (think of it as the reverse of getting cuts ahead of people in line).

lanval

Post by lanval » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks trilobyte. Going to play it safe with one profile attempt.

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:27 pm

I had multiple browsers (windows) opened, may have been key to my success. Reason I had so many opened is because I cut-pasted the entire link from email into different windows because at 12:00 the ticket-server timed out so I opened another window to try and get in and refreshed windows already opened until, BINGO! three windows showed me in a queue. Green man proceeded equally and all three went into ticketing at once but glitches getting tickets showed sold out so I tried only getting a ticket and no vehicle pass, that worked ... now I need a vehicle pass!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”