I bought tickets through a 3rd party!

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
puccinis7002
Burning Since: 2018

I bought tickets through a 3rd party!

Post by puccinis7002 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:13 pm

So I legitimately purchased 2 tickets and a vehicle pass thru Vivid Seats. And now BM is saying that those could be null and void? I'm so confused? Why would Vivid Seats sell them then? And for people looking to purchase tickets here...why aren't you looking at 3rd party sellers? It's my 1st burn and I'm super nervous that BM will cancel my tickets...can anyone elaborate for me? Because I will sell my tickets and purchase new ones through BM...I didn't know that any were available until tonight...

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: I bought tickets through a 3rd party!

Post by burner von braun » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Easy there puccinis, that's a lot to unpack, as they say. How exactly did you hear BM is voiding your tickets? Did you pay face value for those tickets? If they have been voided, how is it that you expect to resell them and buy new ones? etc.

It sounds to me like you need to read up on how Burning Man ticketing works, and even before you do that, if you haven't already, you certainly need to read the Survival Guide and First Timers Guide so you have some sense of what you're actually getting yourself into here.

Sham

Post by Sham » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm

As a first timer, burner von braun is offering you good advice. Take some time to read over the First Timers Guide and The Survival Guide in my signature below.
No tickets have been released yet, and probably won't be out for a few months. It's possible that the tickets you bought are not actually there yet, and the third party will need to buy them to fill your order. It would be nice if you didn't pay above face value.
Oh, and welcome to eplaya.
See you in the dust.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:43 pm

I've moved this to Tickets Discussion, where it's a better fit
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Tickets Discussion”