No option for STEP program in Burner profile

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
gavinc
Burning Since: 2003

No option for STEP program in Burner profile

Post by gavinc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi i have been checking my Burner profile now 2hrs and still no option for the step program what can i do?

MrBeardy
Burning Since: 2011

Re: No option for STEP program in Burner profile

Post by MrBeardy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 pm

[quote="gavinc"]Hi i have been checking my Burner profile now 2hrs and still no option for the step program what can i do?[/quote]

I wouldn't bother worrying about it anymore. If you didn't get in within the 1st minute you have pretty much 0% chance of a ticket through STEP. Best to seek other methods.

Grumpy Otter
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp We Just Met

Re: No option for STEP program in Burner profile

Post by Grumpy Otter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:36 pm

We had a poor effort getting into STEP, and with seven different profiled people trying, only one got in within a couple of minutes. Did you do a refresh on your profile while you waited? The button showed up promptly at 12 Pacific Time, but took a screen refresh to get it. (Pacific time being the key information)

Unfortunately, from my understanding, if you are not in within a couple of minutes you are too far down the queue for any realistic chance of getting tickets. One case I heard about had the confirmation of placement in the queue at 12:01 with successfully getting connected with tickets in the middle of June. Two months to work to the top of the queue by being in within a minute. . . .

Return to “Tickets Discussion”