Vehicle Pass Blues

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
MotherMayhem
Burning Since: 2018

Vehicle Pass Blues

Post by MotherMayhem » Sat May 05, 2018 10:56 am

Urgh!
Didn't get tix in the main sale, so have decided to fork over the $1200 for the limited sale tix - but now there are no VPs available with those??
You would think that VPs would ALWAYS be available if you were paying this amount of money!
The Catch-22 is that you can only buy a VP when purchasing a ticket, so if I purchase these uber expensive tickets now, I won't be able to go in and purchase a ticket later (if they become available).
Our group will need one vehicle pass for sure - so should I buy my tickets, and try and get a VP later from someone selling one on the forum site?
We are traveling across country and need to purchase airfare, etc., and hate to sink all this money, only to not have a stupid VP!!
Advice much appreciated!!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Vehicle Pass Blues

Post by some seeing eye » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

Meet low income ticket holders in person in your regional. If you mesh, give them a ride to and from.

https://ticketsupport.burningman.org/cu ... y-buy-one-
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Sat May 05, 2018 12:18 pm

You can buy a vehicle pass for twice the price on "reputable" ticket-scalping sites -- won't name names.

The ORG brought this on themselves (and us), plus if you wait for the OMG sale, you'll have to go through will-call!

Please follow-up on what you do ... I'm in a similar situation.

I won't feel guilty buying a scalped VP but will feel ripped-off.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat May 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Low income tickets are at will call also. That's where they buy a vehicle pass.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat May 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Just be patient. Absolutely do NOT buy a scalped one this early. They aren't even in hand yet. As rideshares finalize, the spare passes float to the surface. July and August even see gift ones happen. Do be aware that if you want to make a VP plea, it must be in Tickets Wanted forum, and adhere to the guidelines. Any rideshare arrangements you make on eplaya cannot include the offer or request of a vehicle pass. We have to have strict rules for that because of the face value policy.

Breathe deeply. Far too early to panic over VPs.

MotherMayhem

Post by MotherMayhem » Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanks all!!
I will just cool my heels and keep my eyes out!!
Life is good!

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Urgh! indeed MotherMayhem. I have to say, I also would have thought that there would be enough VPs allotted to match the $1200 ticket sales going forward. I haven't really read much in general about this sale; does this $1200 related VP shortcoming happen every year? Anyhow, thanks for the insight MM, and good luck with your search.

lisamarieco

Post by lisamarieco » Mon May 07, 2018 8:45 am

This thread makes me wonder how long the $1200 tickets may be available. Does anyone have an educated guess about this? I read in an old eplaya thread that the expensive tickets are usually available until very close to the event dates, but now I'm worried that the thread may have been VERY old, before tickets were in such high demand. A couple people in our group wanted to wait until the last STEP emails are sent (July 19, I believe) before biting the big-money bullet.

MotherMayhem

Post by MotherMayhem » Mon May 07, 2018 1:39 pm

FYI Gang --
Looks like Vehicle Passes are back up on the Limited Sale Site. Not sure how long the VPs or the $1200 tix will last, but they are there now!!

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Mon May 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks for the info MotherM!

I bought only a VP ... we'll see if it gets cancelled ... I do have a ticket purchased at the Main Sale.

joesgarage2018
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by joesgarage2018 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Have a ticket purchased from a friend, at face value. Am worried that I won't be able to get a vehicle pass. Have never been in this predicament before.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”