Transfer tickets after shipping

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
emilymt60
Burning Since: 2017

Transfer tickets after shipping

Post by emilymt60 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Now that tickets have shipped, if I buy a ticket (in person) from someone. What do we need to do to correctly transfer the ticket into my name? Do they need to transfer the name through Ticketfly so I can get in the gate? Thanks so much!

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Transfer tickets after shipping

Post by burner von braun » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 pm

I assume by 'in person' you mean a paper ticket.

The physical paper ticket in hand is all you need to pass through gate, other than a Vehicle Pass. It doesn't matter at that point who purchased it originally. Do you know the seller? Be aware that tickets can become voided by the BMorg and become no good, typically from buying/selling above face value. In that case you'd be turned away from gate after spending all that time and money to get there. BMorg has an active list of voided tickets. Eric, one of the mods here, has a link in his signature, which gives more thorough information on avoiding scams I believe, as does the main Burning Man website.

Transferring names/addresses has to do with either changing shipping (that ship has mostly sailed at this point) or transferring Will Call tickets for the most part.

Good luck emilymt60!

Sham

Re: Transfer tickets after shipping

Post by Sham » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Most likely if you're meeting a person face to face, the ticket is valid. Caution is good, but don't get consumed.
The tickets are printed on high grade ticket stock and are embossed with art and printing and have a hologram on them for security. In the past, people have shown up at the gate with cheaply printed, counterfeit tickets with sparkly nail polish for a hologram. Unlike sporting events, there are NO self printed tickets.
There is a link in my signature below. Take a look. 8)

Return to “Tickets Discussion”