Shipping Limbo

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Deeter-PA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Shipping Limbo

Post by Deeter-PA » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm

I received the fulfillment email for my tickets on 6/26/18. When I check the ups tracking the status is "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." I emailed burning man ticket support, but they haven't contacted me back. Has anyone else had this problem?

Suomynon
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Spankys Wine Bar

Re: Shipping Limbo

Post by Suomynon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 am

Yes. We're going through this gauntlet now. Our tickets are missing as well.

The short version:

Email ticketsupport@burningman.com immediately with your details:
  • Your order confirmation number
    The full name associated with the order
    The email address on the order
    The last 4 digits of the credit card number used for the purchase
    The billing address on the order
Provide it all or they'll decline to help until you do.

(By coincidence, I'm in Austin as well. I wonder if they batch tickets by location and something happened to tickets headed to Texas or Austin.)

The rant:

Ticketfly notified me our tickets shipped. UPS said they did not.

Even though Ticketly has data showing there was a shipping issue based on their reporting from UPS, one of their employees told me Ticketfly's processes will ignore this. They wait for the customer to flag the issue. So email them immediately.

I have repeatedly asked them to assure me that even though there's no error on my part, that they will resolve this and we will receive our tickets. They have not been willing to do this.

Finally, although they've run me around asking questions, it turns out they are doing NOTHING with any of the data I've provided. They have no plans to do any investigation into the issue and consider possible resolution of our issue until August, a month after their error occurred.

I'm sure Ticketfly ships thousands of tickets perfectly. But when they make a mistake, they are HELL to deal with.

Ticketfly

You have our money. We face a large financial risk (thousands of dollars in nonrefundable expenses such as our RV rental). We made no error. And you decline to even look into the situation for a month. That's just wrong.

Suomynon
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Spankys Wine Bar

Post by Suomynon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Update:

Our tickets have been missing for a month.

And TicketFly has not looked into the situation to date.

And Burning Man declined to help me, saying I should keep trying to contact TicketFly.

Burning Man org also refused to discuss any feedback I had about the support provided by their ticket vendor. I'm sure thousands of tickets ship perfectly, as ours did last year. But no one has any time to help you when issues occur.

Will continue focusing on Radical Self Reliance to resolve this issue. And hope our $6,000 nonrefundable payment for our RV that gets processed tomorrow is not for naught.

*sigh*

Deeter-PA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Post by Deeter-PA » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am

UPS said it was on burning man because the tickets haven't been picked up by them. So now it's just the waiting game for me to see what fulfillment says. They are looking into it.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”