OMG SALE Issue

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
F117NH

OMG SALE Issue

Post by F117NH » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello all, I need ideas and help for registering for the OMG Sale.

I have found when trying to register for the OMG Sale the following message:

"ERROR: You are not eligible to register for the OMG Sale. A code assigned to you was already used to buy tickets in a previous sale."

How ever, I in fact have NOT bought anything in previous sales. What did happen was this... I registered and attended the main sale and as it was all sold out of tickets, the system let me put in for a vehicle pass. I ordered it and was on my way. Later the next month I received an email from tickets...

"2018 Main Sale Vehicle Pass Order Cancelled

Greetings F117NH,

We are writing to let you know that in reviewing our sales records it was discovered that you made a purchase consisting solely of one or more vehicle passes. Buying vehicle passes without tickets in the Main Sale was expressly prohibited. :!: (knew this but the system let me do it, so why not try) :!:

This prohibition is clearly is reflected in section 19 of our Terms and Conditions states “Unless otherwise expressly allowed, vehicle passes may only be purchased in conjunction with an Event ticket, and the ratio of Event entry tickets to vehicle passes purchased shall not exceed two (2) Event tickets to one (1) vehicle pass”.

As such, we have initiated a refund for order number [redacted], and it is being canceled. Please note, it can take up to one week for refunds to be reflected in your account.

For complete details on the stated restrictions of our tickets sales please see our full Terms and Conditions.

Sincerely,
Burning Man Tickets"

That was all fine and understandable so I figured I would do what we all normally do, wait for the next sale and or look for tickets in hand here in Reno, but this OMG Sale error does hurt my hunt as well as others I'm sure. Does anyone know of what I can do to register for the sale or am I really out out?

Thanks in advance and happy packing.

davidpowell
Burning Since: 2001

Re: OMG SALE Issue

Post by davidpowell » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:54 am

I had the same thing happen to me--bought the vehicle pass in the main sale, a few days later was told I couldn't do this, and was then refunded my money. Like you said, "the system let me do it, so why not try". Two days ago I tried to register for the OMG sale and got the same error message. I immediately emailed ticketsupport@burningman.com Hopefully there is some kind of reset they can do. I'll keep you posted as to what happens. I suggest you also email ticket support. We can't be the only ones this has happened to.

Dave

davidpowell
Burning Since: 2001

Post by davidpowell » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm

This was the email I got from Ticket Support.

"Unfortunately, you were unable to register for the OMG Sale because you had purchased a vehicle pass by itself in the Main Sale. Doing so is against our terms and conditions and would bar you from future sales.

Don’t give up—there are still tickets and vehicle passes out there and more become available as people’s plans change leading up to the event."

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Stern/harsh discipline...Yes

Fair...Depends. From someone caught trying to 'get over' it will look unfair.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

nyyankees588
Burning Since: 2018

Post by nyyankees588 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:06 pm

I had this exact same issue. I spoke via email with burning man ticket peeps and they basically gave me the run around. First blamed me for trying to break the rules (even though it was completely unintentional), then told me they couldn't register my account for the OMG sale because the registration period was closed (despite the fact that I contacted them while it was still open).

TLDR: burning man peeps say your SOL in this situation.

swayne441
Burning Since: 2013

Post by swayne441 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

9 minutes, and we're done.

Maybe next year.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

For ticket support issues, you should be emailing to ticketsupport@burningman.org with the details.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:14 pm

On one hand that seems quick, but on the other it's a very small batch of tickets (compared to the main sale). Congrats to all those who got tickets and good luck to those who are still seeking!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”