Playa-noob

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
Estler
Burning Since: 2018

Playa-noob

Post by Estler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello all, I am a noob; my family has visited the play last year and they now want all of us to attend this year. With that being said we have gone through the process of ticket purchasing; and we have had no luck. With the final OMG sale coming to an end. We are left in the dust asking ourselves have we missed the train this year?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask these questions and please let me know where I can address our questions/concerns?

First of all, with the OMG sale being done, are all of the tickets sold out?

I notice some people selling here in the Forums, so is this the only place left?

Lastly, we are in the STEP program so maybe some sales go through there but, nonetheless I hope some veterans can give us some clarity here.

Thank you.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Playa-noob

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Don't count on the STEP program. Not that many tickets get turned into the STEP. The best way to score a ticket is to be involved in the building and prep of art or departments. Yes, it's too late for that this year. If you search out local burners, they are the ones that would sell extra tickets. Are you willing to work a few weekends sorting dusty couches and bins of lights? Can you use a circular saw? The event is way too popular now. The boards are FULL of people that only posted one thing. "Please sell me a ticket." Who in their right mind thinks they can buy a main sale ticket today? So, you missed out on the tail end of the BM sales. Start planning for next year. Or pony up $1300 for the most expensive ticket available. Be careful. You may get cheated. Do some research first. Good luck.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Tickets Discussion”