OMG sale tickets EventBrite transfer

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
xotta
Burning Since: 2016

OMG sale tickets EventBrite transfer

Post by xotta » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Hello,

I was lucky enough to score 2 OMG tickets for me and my spouse and 1 VP our camp desperately needed.

The problem is, EventBrite platform would not allow the tickets/VP to be transferred to other account which is a huge issue for me (me and my spouse are going in on different dates - I am goins for the vuild week, she is not, and VP has to be transferred too). Is this supposed to be that way?
2016 first-timer

MrBeardy
Burning Since: 2011

Re: OMG sale tickets EventBrite transfer

Post by MrBeardy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm

You didn't state if you ordered expedited shipping or will call, but either way I think that you can just leave a ticket or vehicle pass at will call for someone once you're there. I think I have heard of others doing this in prior years. Best to probably email ticketing for a 100% answer but I dont see why they wouldn't do this.

xotta

Post by xotta » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 am

MrBeardy, thx for the reply. I ordered WillCall, however the situation seems to kinda resolve itself. EventBrite is merging with TicketFly, so the tickets I have will eventually be transferred to TF account.
2016 first-timer

Jochem
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Franchise Freedom

Post by Jochem » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

I have the same issue of not being able to transfer ownership of OMG tickets purchased on Eventbrite. What do you mean Eventbrite is merging with Ticketfly? When will this happen, In time before the burn so we can transfer tickets??

For me this is a big issue, and ticketsupport@burningman.org still hasn't replied after 5 days. I understand they're busy, but I'm kinda starting to stress out I won't be able to arrange the change of ownership in time for the burn because there seems to be no way to do so.

Anybody who successfully transferred ownership of OMG tickets and tips on how to do this?

xotta

Post by xotta » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Jochem, I was just informed that my tickets have migrated from Eventbrite to Ticketfly platform, so I guess you should be able to do that too.
2016 first-timer

Return to “Tickets Discussion”