Ticket resale?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
JustChris
Burning Since: 2015

Ticket resale?

Post by JustChris » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Have voided tickets ever been resold at gate? Can't afford the $1200 presales so I'm trying to weigh my options here. Don't wanna be that jackass camped next to will call with a finger in the air.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Ticket resale?

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:27 am

They won't let you sit and beg tickets at the gate. You'll be sent back to Gerlach/Reno.

Canoe

Re: Ticket resale?

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:55 am

And the vehicle you came in and everyone in it... all the way back to Fernley or Reno. No dropping in Gerlach allowed.

And you can be fined. On the playa (BLM order is such that you're not allowed to even be there on that land if you don't have a ticket, physical or Will Call), and in Gerlach if they drop you there, as the police there are looking for that too. Sometimes everyone in the car gets their tickets confiscated and the vehicle is banned from the event. As in, the vehicle et al were sent off playa to take you back to Reno, the plates noted, and they dropped you in Gerlach and were trying to head back to BRC. Really bad idea. You're screwed and to one degree or another everyone in the vehicle is screwed.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”