THIS is the year that tickets hit critical mass...

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: SLAYER!

THIS is the year that tickets hit critical mass...

Post by ACfromSAC » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:24 pm

The event has been selling out since 2011, however prior to this year there have been quite a few tickets that popped up for sale in the month / weeks before the burn that wound up being sold below face value. Particularly the $1,200 level tickets, but even some of the presale $900 level tickets were available below face value. Not this year. Even the $1,200 tickets have a line of people hoping to be the lucky one selected to make the purchase. I've never been all that worried about the implications of striking out on ticket sales in the past... but this is new territory.

Otterman
Burning Since: 2010

Re: THIS is the year that tickets hit critical mass...

Post by Otterman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:27 pm

I think you might be right....Ive been seeing the exact same thing. :(
OtterMan =o)

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:17 pm

It's the Yuppies!!!
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:42 am

I had to give up my tickets, one DGS back into the village, and my ticket to a dear friend. Did this early on when MyLarry's health crisis began, and yet people are still asking me if I have tickets to sell. I understand the desperation. I think it will skew even the DGS next year.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”