Some Man in a Van

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
pdxvintagette

Some Man in a Van

Post by pdxvintagette » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:49 pm

So in my search for tickets, a friend brings up this ad for $1500 tickets, apparently sold by some guy in a van in Fernley.

And I have to wonder - is this guy just your average ticket scalper, taking advantage of the community by snapping up face value tickets as they became available, and marking them up just because he can.... or is it even worse, and this guy is selling counterfeit tickets to the desperate?

Either way it’s a giant steaming pile. This year is just one scam or abuse after another.

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Some Man in a Van

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm

My daughter-in-law, the trusty soul she is, was ripped-off buying counterfeit Disneyland tickets. Fortunately, the cops caught the bastard two weeks later and she immediately ID the perp from a six pack. Never got her money back.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Blissmonster
Burning Since: 2016

Post by Blissmonster » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:42 pm

I have tried to almost 100 posts and all scams. Pair need yo stop buying above face value and discourage scalpers and scammers.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:43 pm

There's at least one of those guys in Gerlach, the tickets are probably real. They buy them off of burners looking to unload before going onto playa, and then sell them to burners that don't have tickets. They're the local brokers, and at least the guy in Gerlach (that I know of) has been doing it since forever...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Return to “Tickets Discussion”