Virgin burner...My sister got a ticket and I didn't...

Looking for tickets/vehicle passes? Post about it here.
meldoyle
Burning Since: 2018

Virgin burner...My sister got a ticket and I didn't...

Post by meldoyle » Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello all,

We have never been and would be staying in 2 different camps, but looking for the overall shared family experience regardless... I've got access to everything I need... just no ticket. I've registered for STEP but any other help would be amazing and very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Mx

gbus
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Virgin burner...My sister got a ticket and I didn't...

Post by gbus » Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I imagine you will get a pre sale ticket on here pretty easily

Good luck

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 pm

There is more demand for tickets than there are tickets.

19% of tickets are sold between people who know one another at face value. So it is a good idea to meet your regional https://regionals.burningman.org/ and start spending time at their happy hours, house parties, campouts and regional events, as well as participating in your regional Faceboooo and other social media. You mention you are connected to a camp already, so reach out through their network.

Another thing you can do is go to the Greeter's Station section of ePlaya - viewforum.php?f=95 - and introduce yourself, talking about your creative passions, why you want to go, what you dream of discovering at the event and very importantly what city you are in.

If you and your sister reach out in your existing social network, that can find a ticket for sale too.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

meldoyle

Post by meldoyle » Sat May 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Thank-you both.
I've posted on as many sites as I can and reached out to friends etc... All the advice I have received has made me move forward with my plans... I've rented camp stuff, bike, booked tickets on the express etc... But I'm nervous... Camp-dues at 1.5k are not refundable, just as gear etc... HUGE risk... and it's a lot of money to divert from my family (H& 2 kids), I'm a teacher... and there are no guarantees...

Again, thanks for any help/advice you can send my way,

Mx

meldoyle

seeking 1 main-sale, teacher asking... if it helps

Post by meldoyle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi everyone! I've got a camp to stay at, playapad rented, airfare bought, but no ticket. I’m reaching out to find 1 main-sale ticket.

I'm a college Psychology teacher in Montreal and very involved in both the Peace Center and Sustainability Office. ‘Sustained, collective well-being for all’ is an area I am passionate about and always look at how to better incorporate these themes, so students are more connected & engaged with themselves and the communities around them. Classes begin August 22nd, the College would need to replace me for the missed week; my proposal needed to justify how they benefit from my attendance to BM. The College agreed to replace me, sees the pedagogical merit of my participation and asked that I speak at Peace week, Earth Week, Social Science Week… (I promise I will begin any PPT with the 1st slide dedicated to the person who sells me a main sale ticket). In addition, I'm designing a 401 course for Jan 2019 that will use/incorporate each of the Ten Principles as student assignments (Peace & Sustainable Happiness).

While my attendance may not specifically benefit you individually (generous person with main sale ticket) or your camp (if you have a camp ticket to sell), others would benefit from your generosity. Provided I get a ticket I already have a guaranteed spot in the Center Camp Speaker Series at BM where I will give a talk, I may give one at my own camp, and then there is my college and the students that will benefit from my participation at BM, both those that attend the Speaker series and those that take my course. There are 10K people at my College… that’s a lot of people that would collectively benefit from your generosity… and you would know you had a hand in influencing young minds for the better.

This is a lot more involved than I can write here but would be happy to discuss in more detail if you are interested (regardless of ticket status 😉).

If you have, or know someone who may have, a main-sale ticket and think this would be a good reason to part with it/sell it to me, please feel free to send this information to anyone who might be interested and able to help

Thank you very much for your time,
Mxx

Return to “Tickets/Passes Wanted”