Help needed for second year mutant vehicle

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2018 playa projects here.
Donks
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Platybus and Band

Help needed for second year mutant vehicle

Post by Donks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi you lovely lot

I'm reaching out for some much needed support.

I bought a 1976 fire engine last year and after working our socks off we achieved the amazing outcome of transforming it into heaven and hell... and against all odds got her on the playa with a night licence.

Our very small team and I were incredibly proud but with the pride out the way it really was in relation to other amazing creations something a child may create

I'm reaching out as have zero experience other than last year to pick her up a gear (No pun intended) and hopefully get her a well deserved day pass....

I'd absolutely love to learn from anyone that can offer some help and direction in any part of this process.... I'm based in the UK and my beautiful Rosie (the fire engine) is in the states not too far from BRC... so Its a mission but I'm hoping some kindly BM folk can offer a much needed and appreciated guidance and insight....

Much love and thanks in advance

Donks xxx

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Help needed for second year mutant vehicle

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Advice on building a mutant vehicle you can’t work on, located on another continent... I’ve built mutants since the late ‘90s and that one stumps me...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Re: Help needed for second year mutant vehicle

Post by Dr Helix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 pm

We'd have to know what it is you want help on. You say you want to qualify it for a day license but you got a night license. What's it look like? What do you want it to look like? If you want help here, you need to send some pictures and you need a concept you'd want to try. Then you have to get permission to bring it from DMV (Which sounds like you already know what that entails). Give us something to look at and we might be able to help. I've been building them since 2008 but mine are all small.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Return to “Art & Performance”