Ralphs Robot Wreckers

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2018 playa projects here.
capnjonny
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Nose Fish this year

Ralphs Robot Wreckers

Post by capnjonny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:48 am

Ahoy there Fellow travellers ,

For this years burn I plan to build a small installation called Ralphs Robot Wreckers. It will be a small kiosk with the torso of a robot sitting at a work bench surrounded by techno trash and robot masks and body parts. I am a cabinet maker and have the skills to build the piece but want it to be more than a static display . I am looking for someone in The SF bay area who lives near Saratoga that is familiar with programing arduinos and electronics and can help me animate the display.

What I have in mind goes something like this:

As a spectator gets close to the kiosk a proximity switch turns on a light show ( usb disco ball over head) and the robot torso, which is facing sideways, turns to face front and starts talking " Welcome to Ralph's Robot Wreckers" then a computer screen shows images of movie robots . move ends and robot says "well, that's it for now. " and turns away as lights blink and a talking toaster asks "want some toast"

If you think you could help me pull this off please get in touch.

Thanks

Cap'n Jonny

Return to “Art & Performance”