Spoken at Galaxia: submit a name special to you to be flashed out by the Temple.

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2018 playa projects here.
phineasgage
Burning Since: 2016

Spoken at Galaxia: submit a name special to you to be flashed out by the Temple.

Post by phineasgage » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:35 pm

"Do you not know that a [human] is not dead while [their] name is still spoken?" - Terry Pratchett

Friends, as part of the Temple Galaxia this year, we created Spoken: a lighting pattern where the names of those special to us will be pulsed out from Temple in morse code, memorializing them in the light of the playa.

Our intent is to channel the unique opportunity of this year's architecture and theme to support the special meaning that the Temple holds in many of our hearts, and to provide another way for our community—both those who can make it to the playa this year and those who cannot—to interact with the Temple in a meaningful way.

If you would like to submit a name, please do so at http://galaxiaspoken.org/. When you see a light sparkling on Galaxia, know that the names of those special to you are being spoken by the Temple.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Re: Spoken at Galaxia: submit a name special to you to be flashed out by the Temple.

Post by TT120 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you. I submitted the name of a good friend that passed away earlier this year. He was the one that introduced me to Burning Man and had been going since the 90's.

Miss you buddy....I'll see you at the temple.... :(
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Return to “Art & Performance”