People Seeking Camps 2018

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
Sham

Re: People Seeking Camps 2018

Post by Sham » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Wildcard+ wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Hey!

I'm searching for a camp that is searching for someone to help build! I don't have a project at this moment, and I really want to contribute to building something. I can be there on the 21/22 of August.

I have been on build teams for all 4 of my prior burns, doing the Tiki Island art car in 2013, Fire in Balance in 2014 and 2016, and setting up the Playa Surfers camp in 2015. Unfortunately the crew I usually team up with isn't doing a build this year, so I'm putting it out there to try find a good group I can help out.

I'm very self sufficient and take care of myself just fine, but if there are any camps that had showers and power I'm definitely not going to say no to that. Preferentially I'd love to be with a camp in the 7:30-9:00 sector (great memories from camping there), but more importantly I'd just like to be with a group of positive people.

If you've got need of someone, please let me know!
Did you get in touch with any of the 4 groups you were with before? That seems like the best prospect for you.

Wildcard+
Burning Since: 2013

Post by Wildcard+ » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Sham wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Wildcard+ wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Hey!

I'm searching for a camp that is searching for someone to help build! I don't have a project at this moment, and I really want to contribute to building something. I can be there on the 21/22 of August.

I have been on build teams for all 4 of my prior burns, doing the Tiki Island art car in 2013, Fire in Balance in 2014 and 2016, and setting up the Playa Surfers camp in 2015. Unfortunately the crew I usually team up with isn't doing a build this year, so I'm putting it out there to try find a good group I can help out.

I'm very self sufficient and take care of myself just fine, but if there are any camps that had showers and power I'm definitely not going to say no to that. Preferentially I'd love to be with a camp in the 7:30-9:00 sector (great memories from camping there), but more importantly I'd just like to be with a group of positive people.

If you've got need of someone, please let me know!
Did you get in touch with any of the 4 groups you were with before? That seems like the best prospect for you.
It was all the same group unfortunately.

smenastation
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Smena Station

Post by smenastation » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Hey dusty friends! :twisted: We're a group of four burners and community builders looking for a new camp to join this year (we're always trying to expand our connections and meet new amazing people while contributing to new projects). Most of us have good BM experience one is a fourth year ranger. All have early arrival passes and driving to BM on our own vehicle (so can bring something to the playa as well). Would be ready to contribute to both building\breaking stuff and camp expenses.

:coffee: We're founders of en.smenastation.com - a network of coliving places that was greatly inspired by Burning Man (we even implement 10 principles in our everyday life there) and it's based on sharing knowledge and resources between members. So we know how important it is to give - we love it!

:idea: As an additional bonus - we own a CNC laser cutter and will be shipping a container share from Boston so can contribute in this was as well!

If you can take all of us to your camp - send us a PM or email to smenastation@gmail.com and let's burn together!

- Nikita, Anastasia, Alex and Andrey

Inkadove
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Inkadove » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello! My BFF from college and I have never participated in Burning Man and we look forward to coming this year. We have tickets and are seeking a camp. We have a lot to offer - like a ton of enthusiasm and a desire to participate! We both used to be hardcore MORMONS(missions, BYU and all) and a few years back we dropped our lifelong religion and now we are hardcore heathens. We are looking forward to discovering a new world of experiences and learning outside our conservative past.

We are relatively young, well-off, energetic and did mention enthusiastic? We would love to join a group and participate in a cause. One of us is flying so we hope to find a camp where we can help build and contribute, but also that has some of the more basic amenities available - like for example give us yurt supplies and we will build it - or give us food and we will cook it.

Thanks!
Benjie and Trevor
Attachments
20180701_174830.jpg

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Welcome to ePlaya, Elder Trevor! And congrats on learning to think for yourself!
My camp is probably not much of a fit for you, but See you in the Dust! anyway.

LPC

Post by LPC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm an Oakland resident who is looking to find a new camp that is kinky and consent oriented. It will be my sixth year consecutively at the burn and I am curious to see what is available in the kinky camp community. I know you need to get to know someone before you can say yes to them, I'm happy to help on build days and anything else that would allow me to get to know you and you to know me. Let me give you a few fun facts:

* Last year I ran an event called Spanking and Bacon
* I am an electrician specializing in lighting.
* I loved working at my previous camps bar
* I have a ticket, transportation and everything I need to be self sufficient.

If you have a kinky camp with an opening please message me I would be interested in chatting.

Victor

Post by Victor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Am looking for a camp that has food and showers. Not sure where to find a list of camps and what features are available. I have an Sprinter van RV and not sure if any camps have places for RVs.

digdugdude
Camp Name: Planet Earth

Post by digdugdude » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 am

Victor. There isn't a list offering which camps have food plans and showers. Finding a camp with rv spots may be a bit of a task 6 weeks till Early arrival starts. You'll have to use some of that radical self reliance and actually email camps directly. You should look into the types of camps that have what you want as well as their theme. If you are just looking for any old place that offers a meal plan and showers but they are say a gay furry camp you may not be a good match for them if that's not your bag.

Good luck!

krambo11

Post by krambo11 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello fellow burners.
My best friend and I are seeking a new, fun camp to stay with this year. We will probably only come out for 3 or 4 nights as we are in school. This will be my third burn and her second. We used to stay in a pretty big music camp which gave out thousands of hot dogs and margaritas a day with a DJ but it seemed to have fallen apart last minute. While we are super sad that our original camp fell apart, we are really excited to get to know some new people and be more involved than we have been in the past. We are in our 20s, don't have a lot of money, but are willing to put forth what we can afford and participate/help out in any way we can! We just want to have a good time and party on la playyaaa. Please let me know if we sound like a good fit with your camp! PS -WE LOVE MUSIC and we have everything we need to be self sufficient including a trailer, shade, transportation, etc.

SirTK
Camp Name: TBA

Cool camp wanted to spread our wings ;-)

Post by SirTK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 am

Hey Burners,

we are a German couple (in the 30ies), seeking refuge, community and love amongst your tribes ;-). We’re looking to spread our wings and venture into the desert for our first Burn. We hope to bring our passion and warm hearts to your camp. We’re willing to go the extra mile if necessary, are open minded, multi talented, fun and caring. As free spirited beings we are looking for somewhere to call home for the duration of our stay. We come with our 25ft RV.
We are happy to hear from camps with availability :D

Best
Helena & Thomas

Zlyuka

Post by Zlyuka » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 am

7CC03C6E-3271-4405-AB1C-F2888A47E90B.jpeg
Dear Burners,

Two successful crazy loving-life ladies are searching for a shelter (read = camp) to share the unforgeable 9 days and nights (!) of Burning Man 2018! Despite that we are newbies for BM, we are definitely not newbies in enjoying the life and have max of fun! Knowing that we are ready to contribute whatever we can (and can not yet) for wellbeing of fellow camp and the BM community.
PM us if you are willing to share your camp or just to chat ;)

XXX

Stani and Karina from Amsterdam
Attachments
01B0D3EF-BF94-4210-B45E-5DE7B2533D3E.jpeg
BFBDB435-5C61-40C0-AB91-274F2AA7AA46.jpeg

Jrich954
Camp Name: No

Post by Jrich954 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 pm

I’m a virgin burner was wondering where do I find camps to join. I’m an army veteran so if any one knows any camps for vets I’d greatly appreciate some info how to get in touch with them.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:20 pm

I've seen 'veterans' camps. Search the main site for a listing of last years camps.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

charkattack

Post by charkattack » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi there!
Virgin (lost and overwhelmed) Burner from NYC !

Been trying to plan my trip to BM 2018 for the longest time, but I'm still not completely set.
I have my ticket, but am still in desperate need of a camp to join.
I'd really appreciate If anybody could let me know of one with room to join for me and my girl Bri!
Have also tried searching through friends, BM site and Facebook, but have had zero luck.

Please please helppppp.

Best,

Char :P
Attachments
Captureaff.JPG
Captureaff.JPG (47.86 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Capture dth.JPG
Capture dth.JPG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Capturezghrfh.JPG
Capturezghrfh.JPG (33.12 KiB) Viewed 1291 times

hanriswander

First time burner seeking a camp

Post by hanriswander » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Hola burners,

I'm Hanris- 28 years old male, grew up in China and currently living in San Francisco doing some data stuff on my computer. Due to some hiccups with my previous plan, I'm here looking for a camp to join and contribute this year, and make my very first burn an unforgettable experience.

A little bit about myself:
  • I also enjoy immersing myself in different cultures/make real connections with people from all over the world
What I can contribute to the camp:
  • I take good photos and make video documentaries
  • I can play guitar and sing our favorite songs
  • I'm happy to learn and help with building, decorating, cleaning and organizing events that everyone can enjoy
  • Good vibes and plenty of smiles :D
Looking forward to your DM, email, or text!

Hanris
hanriswu@gmail.com

Emcgeehan1

Post by Emcgeehan1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Hey burners!!

My name is Lizzy, a 24 y/o virgin burner coming from the LA area. Due to some falling out with my original plans I am left without a camp, I have a tent and shade structure so camping alone isn’t necessarily a problem for me but I know I have a lot to offer a camp if anyone would take me in :D I’m super friendly, willing to do whatever work, crack jokes, play dress up, dance and contribute in anyway possible!!! This is my first burn so I’m really looking to get the most out of my experience, can’t wait to hear from some of you and if not see you on the playa!!! Love and light ♡

andrewct

Sports massage therapist - looking to volounteer

Post by andrewct » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey guys,

I am Andrew, 26, from Malta - Been burning since 2015. I am a long jumper training for the Olympics in 2020 by trade but will also enjoy partying with you guys till the early hours and catching as many sunrises as possible. I was in Black Rock City in 2015 last but this time I would like to offer my services as a sports massage therapist, helping fellow burners keep their body feeling great over the week :)

Only problem is I wont be able to get a massage bed with me from Malta, Soooo if I could order one and have it sent to someone in the US, and then they would bring it to Burning man, they would get a ton of great massages over the week.

Peace and love and all that x

Sweetpea papilindo

Looking for a camp!!!!

Post by Sweetpea papilindo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi everyone,

We are first timers to BM and are so excited!!! My friend is coming from Bordeaux and myself from Toronto.
The whole thing is pure luck and we got tickets literally few days ago.. And we still can't believe it.

We are looking for a camp and are happy to do everything and anything: cooking, cleaning, building, deconstructing... My friend is a naturopath so she can do consultations, I give massages...

We are open, ready to dive into the craziness and take it all in!
Alea jacta est!!!!!

Please let us know if you can welcome us! Thank you

paddypdawg33

Post by paddypdawg33 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 am

Hello everybody,

I am a virgin burner looking for a camp, and this appeared to be a solid way to find one. I am a physics student at the University of Washington and am planning on hitchiking to SF from the LA area and then catching the Burner express. Just looking for a way to have my best possible experience my first year!! Thanks!!

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:48 am

Welcome Paddy, You should search out the camps that sound like a good fit for you. Tell them what you are bringing to the table. How old are you, straight or not, where you are from, can you cook or tend bar, can you use a chainsaw, (only kidding)?
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:03 pm

There was someone over on the bm reddit looking for campers
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:03 pm
There was someone over on the bm reddit looking for campers
I pointed them this way.

madhavvvk
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Post by madhavvvk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

Hello Burners,

This is our first time and We need two spots in a RV or a camp From wednesday to sunday.We do not need a ride to BM or back. Just a base to rest with some cool people.We shall contribute to the costs and can't wait to experience BM.

Please, send me a message if you can help or know who can help out!

Thanks a lot

AtomicPanda

Solo Virgin Soon-to-be-Burner Seeking Camp (Florida Boy)

Post by AtomicPanda » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Florida Boy AKA AtomicPanda Here: So to start, I do get radical self reliance and fully appreciate the 10 Principles. I'm not being lazy here, just trying to reach out while I hunt down a camp. If you have a spot to offer that would be great! This trip means a lot to me because I lost my 15yr old son to suicide in January and have set a goal to honor his life at Burning Man. I received my B.S. in Recreation Leadership and have spent long periods of time far from civilization, this is just the first time I'm going far way to get to a temporary civilization, BRC Baby!!! I am not proud & love to learn. I feel that joining a camp & earning my keep through service would be a lot of fun! I'm planning on flying to Reno and catching the Burrner Bus to BRC unless I snag a ride through Rideshare. I fly in Aug. 24th out on Sep. 4th. The only problem is packing 100% of my gear with me on the plane is not possible due to TSA rules so, I will need to source some provisions in Reno, any advice on this would be great! Please feel free to P.M. me about any of these topics :)

Namyellit
Burning Since: 2012

Been to many regionals. First time to BM. Possibly looking for a theme camp

Post by Namyellit » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:35 pm

I will preface this by saying I realize it may be too late (got my ticket via OMG sale), and that I am not overly opposed to open camping if I have to.

My name is Tilley. I have attended Ga's regional burn, Alchemy, every year since 2012. For the first time this year, my girlfriend and I will be coming to the playa! This will be my 9th burn and my girlfriend's (5th?).

We are members of a GA-based theme camp called SouthTown Compound, and have really liked the experience of bonding with similar-minded people.

We are self-reliant, good listeners, fairly minimalistic, and friendly. We are both 25. Pretty young, but not new to burn life.

Our footprint will be relatively small since we are flying and then taking the burner express. We will be arriving Tuesday afternoon.

We will be bringing a Coleman Cabin-style tent with aluminet over it (think 10'x14'). We may have room to bring a second tent to store gear separately.

I spin fire and LED poi, gf spins hoop. We both have a great appreciation for music, people, and life in general.

If anyone read all this and feels like we would be a good match for your camp, please don't hesitate to post or PM me any info including dues or whathaveyou. I would love to meet some new friends!

Can't wait to meet you guys in the dust~~

DanfromLaaaandaaaan
Burning Since: 2017

Looking for a camp

Post by DanfromLaaaandaaaan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 am

Hi all,

we are 4 guys ( one Swede, two Italians and one AmeriCan ) looking for a camp to take us and our RV in. Fun guys, some with burning experience, none who had a valid camp plan prior to going.

We can offer anything from fitness classes, drinking classes, bad jokes and one helluva party.

Any takers?

Dates are 26th of August - 2nd of September.

Ciao

kergad
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Need one!

We are looking for a camp (4 people)

Post by kergad » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello guys,

I am looking for a camp with spots available for 4 people (My wife and I and two friends). We are thinking to come with a camping trailer.

We definitively want to help, we are great builders and we can bring our tools (even a welding machine if needed).

Please let me know

lbarrett90

Post by lbarrett90 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am

Hello Burners!
My boyfriend (from Amsterdam) and I (from NYC) are extremely interested in contributing whatever and however possible to a camp that may have room!

Things we can contribute include but not limited to:
Cooking, manual labor, led lights, dolla bills, water, egg shakers and music makers, body painting, hugs, ukulele playing <3

Happy to provide more information about us and help in any way we can!

-Lindsay

Brittt
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BLACK ROCK ADVENTURES!

Post by Brittt » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:11 am

BLACK ROCK ADVENTURES! has room at camp, also for another RV.

We don't have camp fees, showers or kitchen facilities. Camp shade is street side!

We ask that you help us break and help in camp abt 6 hrs spotting tours, on trailer.

Thanks!
BLACKROCKADVENTURES.ORG!

Accessible Playa Tours! 2x Daily!
Ghost Story! Poetry Reading! Sing-a-long! PUNK! METAL! BLUE-ISH GRASS!
From Fribo + 2.45 and our Playa Art Installation BUS STOP!
All are welcome to wait or collect riders!

Tour Schedule on our Website!

areid
Camp Name: Street life

Post by areid » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:03 pm

“STREET LIFE – HIP HOP ON THE PLAYA” LOOKING FOR CAMPERS!

We started to setup camp onsite today and it looks like we have shady space for a few more campers.

Who? We are a 20 person sized camp, a hodgepodge of 30s-ish veteran burners and virgins from across the country, largely tied to NYC.

What? We play Hip-Hop (and Disco, R&B, and well … whatever else seems fitting) with a Sesame Street / Muppet theme. We host Happy Hour from 4-6 Mon, Wed, Fri and Disco Brunch on Thursday 10-12. Dance stage, cuddle puddle, lemonade, candy and pickles. Everyone at camp pitches in to help host, play, dance, show a good time.

Where? Along E @ 8:45 conveniently located in the 9:00 sector near Duck Pond and Distrikt.

When? All burn long!

Why? A group of 6 friends traveled to their first burn in 2010 and had an absolutely amazing time. After 7 pounding days of House/Trance/Dub-Step we felt a missing void … HIP HOP! And Street Life (Sesame “Street” + Thug “Life”) was born.

Camp dues for 2018 are $200 per person for the week. This includes basic infrastructure of shower, kitchen setup, communal living area, shade structure – please no selfish assholes, high maintenance pricks, or divas (except on the dance floor). Must bring own food & water. Good vibes only. Dancing. No drama. Really.

Please private message for faster response.

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”