Camp

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
Barefootnnaked
Burning Since: 2018

Camp

Post by Barefootnnaked » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 am

If my friend and I choose not to join a camp, especially after reading all your heartfelt welcomes for newcomers (despite the principles of the burn), where exactly could we stay? Is there an orphan spot or just wander wherever through the Nevada desert?

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Camp

Post by Meat Hunter » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 am

There are several areas that are designated:
1. Open Camping mostly on the outer 1/3 of the city. The 6:00 -9:00 side of the city fills first and the 2:00 - 5:00 side of the city fills last
2. Large Walk-In camping area on the outer ring from 2:00 to 5:00 radials
3. Although it is some distance out from the main city (1/2 mile or so) there is Open Camping at the Black Rock City Airport. Bikes would be a must

All these places are free and on a first come basis. You will not have any problem finding a spot.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:02 am

???? Welcome to eplaya.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

EGAZ
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Camp2 -Doin' What We Do!!

Post by EGAZ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:38 am

Here is an old map. See the shaded areas? This is the 'Placed Camps' area. Anything outside of this area is open to camp. There will be a new map out later this year.
Attachments
BRC2015-reserve placement.png
2nd time better than the first. And the first was pretty Freakin' Great!
I am Camp2. - A solo camp - Stop by and say Hey!, 8) Gotta beer?

If you are another Solo Burner & very 'Radically Self Reliant' - Maybe we can 'Do What We Do!' :P

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am

Barefoot, you park your car. Talk to your neighbors about the space you picked out and set up. There is plenty of room for everyone. Both ends of the city are loud 24/7. Near Kidsville and Hushville are quiet at night. 'Technically' everything is open camping once the gates open on Sunday but you still need to ask those who are camped near by. They might be expecting more of their campmates to join them. It's easy.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”