Pickleball Camp

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
Pickleballer
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Pickleball Camp

Pickleball Camp

Post by Pickleballer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:19 am

Pickleball on the Playa!
New for 2018 is the Pickleball Camp. Looking for camp members who love pickleball and want to participate in preparing the site, laying down the pickleball court (PVC interlocking pieces), pickleball classes and demonstrations, pickleball court tear down and of course playing pickleball! All other camp activities are in the process of being determined. Site location is tentatively scheduled for HAL and 5:15. Early admittance is required to help with set up. Respond to this post and we will forward contact info.

OGDanimal
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Pickleball Camp

Post by OGDanimal » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:27 am

I absolutely LOVE pickle ball. My family grew up playing pickleball at my grandmothers house and then my family put in a pickle ball court at our house. I was raised in Houston, Tx. We spent many nights and days playing with family and friends. I'd love to visit or help and play some games with your camp when I arrive. Beware, I have a mean and fast, low to the net, far to the back serve.....The group I joined is called The Houplans.
There is no "try" there is only engage and do. Your actions and attempts define who you are, not the outcome.

"I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, and make it a habit if it is fun" ButtButt Galloolie

Rev Stamper
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Nothing Butt Art

Post by Rev Stamper » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Hey, We've got at least three Pickleball enthusiasts in our camp. We'll be coming in early to set-up our camp and may be able to send three or four Burners over for an hour or so to help you get the court in place. Let me know if this will help! We'll be camping around H & 4:15. Are you planning on publishing a schedule to Playa Events?

DerbyDave 18
Burning Since: 2015

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

What's pickleball?

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm

DerbyDave 18 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm
What's pickleball?
http://bfy.tw/Iz20
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

nkrober
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Red Herring

Post by nkrober » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Yes!! I wanna come. Can you believe I got tennis elbow from playing pickleball. Just healed. I'm sure I can come by and hurt myself again. I'll be looking for you guys!!!

Nita Roberson
Mistress of Madness
Red Herring @ 9:00 Plaza & B

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”