Corporation Chaos Summer Internship Program

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
eripsa
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Corporation Chaos

Corporation Chaos Summer Internship Program

Post by eripsa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 am

Corporation Chaos is pleased to announce the third year of our Summer Internship Program. The application can now be accessed at the link below:

https://goo.gl/forms/43dknvOUGwKtvGeR2

Successful applicants will be notified by August 15.

You can be a part of this exciting opportunity for growth and professional development! Apply today.

Corporation Chaos is a complex systems theme camp in operation since 2010 with placement this year near 3:00 and J. We're best known for operating the mobile Ask a Philosopher booth, and as base ops for richROT, the infamous burner robot recently featured in Jack Rabbit Speaks. We consist of artists, philosophers, educators, jokers, stragglers, and other weirdos from across the country, mostly in their 30s and 40s. We expect just over 20 people in camp this year.

Several inevitable restrictions apply. Void is active everywhere.

Priti
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Corporation Chaos Summer Internship Program

Post by Priti » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Once upon a time not so long ago in the current galaxy you're reading this in:
The year was 2017. I hadn't been back to the burn since 2011. I wasn't planning on coming but lo & behold a ticket appeared then a ride but I had no one to stay with. None of my friends had camps for me to join. Enter here my Leia-like-last-ditch hope: The Corporation Chaos Internship Application.
I had never camped with a theme camp (though they were a modestly sized bunch this year) & I didn't have anything to go on but this awesome application; what I found at their camp reflected much of it back: Humor, Compassion, Wit & Intelligence(maybe in that order?). Th'Corporation likes hard-working people who like to GIVE & know how to make EVERYONE have a great time because when we have fun it is a corporate takeover!! As soon as I arrived, my contributions to camp were appreciated, I was so deeply welcomed & thusly felt quite affectionately cared for. It became so easy to get to know everyone, there was always someone to help do something & if not there was excellent deep, thought-provoking conversation & company to share. I know my experience was largely influenced by my pleasant willingness to participate & funny & friendly nature with this gang but I very much feel the gifts I gave in energy, effort & emotion were given back to me tenfold- a worthy investment for any lucky intern! I'm coming back for the camaraderie, compassion & another year of even more side-splitting, playa-loving, consciousness-encouraging shenanigannery.
If you're thinkin about camping with a theme camp that feels more like a funkadellic little mafia family but with a philosophy booth instead of guns- you'd fit RIGHT in & they've been missing you!

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”