"Our Theme Camp" - All are welcome!

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
FjordLynn
Burning Since: 2005

"Our Theme Camp" - All are welcome!

Post by FjordLynn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Just to be clear, the theme camp name is called "Our Theme Camp".

"Our Theme Camp" is about creating a space for human interaction. It is at the core a lounge space: a 20'x40' shade structure, wall to wall carpetting, 5 seating areas, two beds, and music playing at a low volume in part of the space. This lounge is open all day, every day. In prior years we had a hookah theme (aka "The Hookah Lounge") and and now we have removed this part of the theme because reasons.

This year, we are seeing many opportunities. We are remixing our concepts and we see that we suddenly have all the space of open camping available ajacent to us to have overflow membership in. And so we are opening up access to membership to "Our Theme Camp" to anyone who applies.

There is no membership cap this year. There are no camp dues this year. There are no required work shifts.

Details on when we will be arriving, leaving, and how to find us will be sent to memebers. The camp will only be available Monday to Saturday of the event.

To apply, please email thelynns225 at gmail and mention this post. We will give you more details.

If you have any questions or want any clarification, please email thelynns225 at gmail.

Thank you for your attention.
"Our Theme Camp" Disorganizational Guide
"I have seen the top of the mountain and it is tall."
"And you are?"... / "I am"

Lala66
Burning Since: 2018

Re: "Our Theme Camp" - All are welcome!

Post by Lala66 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi!
We (group of 4 from the UK) are interested if there are still places?! We have an RV though? Not sure with space allocation etc? (We have tickets already).

I’ll email you :D

JusOne
Burning Since: 2009

Post by JusOne » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Very interesting.. i have a huge puzzle and drawing project for which im browsing a camp to join.
More of a camp to park and set up the puzzle. It is an Interactive drawing project in which every person in the world as their own peace. There are 3 wall sections you could call them about 8 by 8 covered with art and a few shade pop ups that we plan on extending from the vans. Its called Magic Universe
A self-service space in which anyone can enter, sit down, and draw whatever they wish to add to the puzzle will be created. Details available, hitme up if your interested 541 237 9269 jus1

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:14 pm

FjordLynn wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 pm
Just to be clear, the theme camp name is called "Our Theme Camp".

"Our Theme Camp" is about creating a space for human interaction. It is at the core a lounge space: a 20'x40' shade structure, wall to wall carpetting, 5 seating areas, two beds, and music playing at a low volume in part of the space. This lounge is open all day, every day. In prior years we had a hookah theme (aka "The Hookah Lounge") and and now we have removed this part of the theme because reasons.

This year, we are seeing many opportunities. We are remixing our concepts and we see that we suddenly have all the space of open camping available ajacent to us to have overflow membership in. And so we are opening up access to membership to "Our Theme Camp" to anyone who applies.

There is no membership cap this year. There are no camp dues this year. There are no required work shifts.

Details on when we will be arriving, leaving, and how to find us will be sent to memebers. The camp will only be available Monday to Saturday of the event.

To apply, please email thelynns225 at gmail and mention this post. We will give you more details.

If you have any questions or want any clarification, please email thelynns225 at gmail.

Thank you for your attention.
That seems like a nice place. Now, I really wish I could go. I can follow orders, especially from women, years of experience with satisfied former spouses. I am handyman who doesn't mind working the scullery. Someday perhaps.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”