Brainy Bar 2018 - Bender@4:15

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Brainy Bar 2018 - Bender@4:15

Post by trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 pm

It has been a super-crazy year in defaultia, so much so that I totally forgot to post a thread for my camp until now 🤦‍♂️

Brainy Bar will be back on the playa in 2018 - we have been placed on Bender at approximately 4:15! Our camp is full and we are not looking for new members, but I wanted to post and share some of our plans for this year and invite you to come for a visit. We've got more of the things we liked, some of the other stuff, new nonsense, and less of that other thing we have as much fun doing as we thought we would :D

Here's how the Brainy Bar works... each day we'll have one featured boozy drink, one non-alcoholic beverage (because we've all got friends who may not drink alcohol for one reason or another, and we want them to feel welcome and refreshed), and one topic of conversation (chosen on the day by the campmate running the bar). The topics can be anything (well, maybe anything except politics), and tend to be on the fun and silly side. The Brainy Bar space is a nice, shaded, loungey little spot with places to sit and relax, and has some of our favorite art on display.

Occasionally in the mornings we'll bake and serve fresh cinnamon rolls, so if you're in the neighborhood on your way to or from one of the neighborhood coffee spots it might be worth stopping by. Plans are in the works for some kind of afternoon or evening foody thing, I'll post more about that once we nail down the details.

This year we're bringing back Hobby Horse (of course) - Black Rock City's longest running stick horse event.... and this year we've got the first Triple Crown of ThoroughBurn Racing featuring the Kenfuckyer Burny, Burnout Steaks, and Freakness on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday riding into sunset (6pm-ish)! Test your speed and style on our jumping course with prizes for the fastest and fanciest!

Once again, we'll have FANCY SHMANCY S'MORES on a few evenings. That's where we take the american campfire classic and turn it on its ear using artisanal cookies and marshmallows as well as posh chocolates, apply fire, and the results are yum!!!

Our awesome RUBBER STAMP BAR is back for more! We've retired a couple older stamps, and have made a couple dozen new ones as well as re-ink the stamp pads....

I am also planning on hosting two workshops (on Tuesday & Thursday) to talk about building my Virtual Black Rock Desert project. I've already built the virtual desert, even added dust storms and the occasional dragonfly, and last week I got around 14 1/2 kilometers of perimeter fence built and want to talk about how other burners can create and build their own camps and art and play in the virtual space.

It's a sign!

See you on the playa!

Patsh

Re: Brainy Bar 2018 - Bender@4:15

Post by Patsh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:30 pm

Sounds like your camp just keeps getting better!

I hope to stop by and check it out... it'll be good to see you two again!
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

ChachiGuerrero
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Thumper

Post by ChachiGuerrero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:10 pm

Can't wait to spend time with you guys again this year!

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:21 am

2018 additions to our rubber stamp bar are all done and ready to go to the playa!

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:37 am

trilobyte wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:21 am
2018 additions to our rubber stamp bar are all done and ready to go to the playa!

So, having quit smoking, I've gained a few noticeable pounds, which means I can get all the more stamps. with all this extra real estate!!

I KNEW there was an advantage somewhere!! :D
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 am

Congrats, and you’re welcome to stamp as much of yourself as you like.... or as much of other ppl that they’re willing to let you stamp :wink:

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 am

I should try to find the "nose picker, Ralph" stamp from some years ago. MDMF007 might appreciate it...there was a thread here somewhere I think I started back then, with photos of folks who stamped themselves...
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”