50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
amozatx_85
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Entheos

50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Post by amozatx_85 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Friends,

We at Entheos have opened up our camp to an additional 50 spots for those who are looking to join a like-minded group of amazing people from over 26 countries around the world. Our camp pillars are centered around Body, Vision, Spirit and Mind in more ways than one.

Some of our offerings on the Playa include Trampoline dodgeball tournaments,  shamans and scientists leading entheogenic medicine workshops, yoga, meditation, large scale civic art and the citizens of Black Rock City creating a Finnegan Wakes film.

Entheos Camp Resources:
  • Tent Shade with over 8,000 sq. ft. of shade
  • Meals - 2 meals provided each day, (vegetarian and carnivore options)
  • Showers
  • Power
  • Spots for self camping & RV's
  • 24 hour interactivity w/ the most amazing Trampoline Dodgeball Court you've ever seen
  • Entheos Workshop and Speaker series
  • Yoga, Meditation, Movement and Sound Healing
...And many many more

Each camp member must volunteer for 3 shifts accomplishing various camp duties... after-all, we're all in this together!

If you are interested in applying for the remaining camp spots, please contact kgiesy@gmail.com

Thank you and hope to see you on the Playa!
For more info visit the Entheos Website

-Amir
Entheos Camp Entertainment Director

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: 50 Available Camp Spots with Entheos - 3:45 & Esplanade

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Your camp web page is very confusing. It says you have 5 spots open Did you lose 45 people? What is your gift to the community? You are on the Esplanade. It must be great and constant. Your web site tells all about the amenities and prices but nothing about what you will contribute. Do tell.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Hard to imagine how 50 new personalities with two weeks to learn all there is to know about the camp, and two weeks for the organizers to get to know their new campers, can work.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Can you feel the Plug & Play...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah, sounds like a clusterfuck.

Here is a funny tho:
Entheos are an American technical death metal band formed in 2015 by ex-members of Animals as Leaders, Animosity, and The Faceless. They released their debut EP, Primal, in March 2015, and their debut album, The Infinite Nothing, in April 2016[/quite]

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Ratty wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm
Your camp web page is very confusing. .... Your web site tells all about the amenities and prices but nothing about what you will contribute. Do tell.
They are adding an additional 50 patron campers. At PnP prices. Sort of like the presale ticket prices. For patrons. Obviously the "the camp dues save everyone considerable money through our community contributions and efforts"! And they have a 5 day Winter retreat for upper management each year to plan the camp. In round numbers they will have a quarter million budget if they fill those slots. It's the new normal.

One would assume they are an continuation of the ideas of Entheon Village, Terrence Mckenna, Shulgin, Alex Grey etc. with a trampoline and ferris wheel.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm

But how did they get placed on Esplanade? The event/gift to the community needs to be substantial. I guess that much money buys a butt load of otterpops.

gaminwench
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:24 pm

I think Entheon was *maybe* the first PnP type camp? Nightmare neighbors, they were. They hosted the MAPS conference as part of their camp that year, so 500 MAPS attendees that had no clue about BM.
Oy!!!

Ratty, they appear to have 24/7 interaction; lots of talks and stuff, to go along with the Ferris Wheel and Trampoline activities.

I'm sure they've gotten their act together in the intervening years, and are doing it right!

(or something)
Last edited by gaminwench on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:25 pm

I would say they have a regular carnival going according to their website.

But let's face it, they are on another plane than us. :wink:
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Token

Post by Token » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I have never had a “bladder leak” on a Ferris wheel or Trampoline before ...

... but I’m getting kind of old and grey in the beard.

;)

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Ahhh, I was only looking at couple of pages. I'm sure I missed a lot. But what I saw was PnP. I'll avoid them.

gaminwench

Post by gaminwench » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Ah, no, I'm adding this one to my *must* do list.

I can hit a cocktail party or a ballroom dance session to check out how the 1% does the playa.

Wanna?

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Ratty, Looks like your questions scared them off. When I click on that link I get:
Information
No route found for "GET /www.entheosrising.org" (from "https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic ... 23&t=89256")

Does anyone remember what that "Report Plun n Play" email address is?
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Elemental
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: HOVerlandia

Post by Elemental » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Popeye wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm
Ratty, Looks like your questions scared them off. When I click on that link I get:
Information
No route found for "GET /www.entheosrising.org" (from "https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic ... 23&t=89256")
It's because the original poster linked to "https://eplaya.burningman.org/www.entheosrising.org" (probably forgot the leading http:// part in the link)

I was actually interested in a spiritual-ish camp for 2018, but ran away when I saw the $1250 camp fee. Even if I could afford that, it seems a bit "Our camp ran out of money at the last minute so here's our fundraising idea"

Token

Post by Token » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 pm

If I had known about these clowns in advance, would have registered them in the event guide for all kinds of ...

naked yoga sessions,
base camp for critical tits,
the Canadian beaver eating contest,
Orgy Dome,
Daft Punk show,
Drag races,
DPW parade

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Popeye, their link never worked. I googled the camp name and burning man.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Gaminwench it sounds like fun but I have one great cocktail party planned and that's enough. Thanks

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:53 pm

The link worked for me.

They may have a high priced dues structure and lay it on thick with the amenities, but they are not a plug & play/concierge camp operation. They actually do a bunch of events and activities throughout the day and night, if you do check out their web site check their @BM -> Interactivity page.
https://sites.google.com/view/entheosri ... eractivity

I've never camped there and couldn't speak to the experience, but they do appear to have quite a lot going on. Filling 50 remaining vacancies is one thing, but opening up 50 additional spaces for campers at this late stage seems like it could be tricky (last minute ramping up of lots of things)... good luck!

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:34 pm

There will be 50 people in good, interactive, micro camps back on J street that would appreciate the space if you don't sell out.

gaminwench

Post by gaminwench » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes, but do they have the bank to 'participate'?

Grant you, it isn't PlugnPlay if one must bring their own shelter ...

amozatx_85

Post by amozatx_85 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 am

Ratty wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm
But how did they get placed on Esplanade? The event/gift to the community needs to be substantial.
I'd love to put some of these "assumptions" and un-needed negative comments to rest. We are NOT a plug and play camp. For those looking to indulge in that experience, I'm sure there are plenty of other camps that can provide that level of comfort and ease. Just having meals, showers and other utilities does not make the camp plug and play. Each camp member brings their own shelter and supplies. I'm happy to answer any and all questions if you have them either here or private message...

Each and every member of the Entheos community commits to being involved in various aspects of the camp... from building, to greeting those entering, to yoga, cooking, production, sound healing, leading workshops, entertainment, etc. If you take a look at our WEBSITE and click through the various sections you can see the breadth of what we provide, our various gifts to the community which are open to all and why we do what we do. I urge to you do your research before downplaying something that many have spent months dedicating themselves to in building a welcoming and uplifting community.

As far as what we contribute, again if you take a look at my post and our WEBSITE you'll see the various workshops and speaker series, yoga, meditation, art projects, trampoline dodgeball court... just take a look at the schedule of events again open to all.

Being moved to the Esplanade is no easy endeavor and it's not something the Burning Man family decides lightly, but we have worked very hard to provide an experience worthy of the honor of being moved to this location. 24 hour interactivity? We have it. Gifts for the community? We gladly have it. Working to create a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere for members of the camp? We've done it. Why downplay the efforts of others, when you can celebrate what we've been able to create...

After our planning, we realized that we had some extra space and decided to open it up to those who have yet to find a home or are looking to join a camp out on the Playa or for those who want to help co-create what we are building. Each applicant must go through the same process and vetting as any other camp member that has joined before. No amount of money will allow anyone to bypass any steps to ensure those joining our camp embody the values of our community. We aren't selling tickets to join the camp, we're opening it up to those who want to apply.

If you don't want to come by and see what we are offering... No problem at all, we wish you the best in your journey. But for those who are curious, want to learn and explore what we do, I'll be there to greet you and show you around, just ask for the tall guy from Texas.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am

I’m at 3:45 & C so I will probably stop by. I’m super shy sometimes though
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:59 am

I'll stop by for the sound healing, I have a bum hip.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Any camp that advertises to fill 50 spots with amenities for any total stranger who pays IS a plug and play or at bare minimum contributes to the plug and play mentality.
A real burner shows up prepared as if no one else would be there.

You can write all the paragraphs you want, you are what you are.

amozatx_85

Post by amozatx_85 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am
Any camp that advertises to fill 50 spots with amenities for any total stranger who pays IS a plug and play or at bare minimum contributes to the plug and play mentality.
A real burner shows up prepared as if no one else would be there.

You can write all the paragraphs you want, you are what you are.
I'm not sure what's getting lost in translation here and I'm not trying to get into a forum post war, I'll try to be as clear as I possibly can. If you have any questions, please feel free to Private message me like many others have.

• We at Entheos have 50 available spots for people to apply to join our community. Maybe we'll fill all 50, maybe we'll only fill 15. Not everyone that applies will be allowed to join our camp.
  • Each of these applicants goes through a 1-hour interview to make sure they are specifically NOT looking for a plug and play... this implies that you pay your dues, show up and don't have to lift a finger.
  • That is NOT the case with Entheos camp. Each member of our camp is involved in some aspect of planning and creating, from the infrastructure to meals to everything else I've already gone over. No one gets a free ride and no one can pay for that ride. Camp dues go towards anything and everything we have to spend money on to build our home out there for a few weeks.
  • Those who are not camp members are welcome to join us at any point they wish.
We began the process to fill these spots through current camp members, friends and family and thought we'd open it up to the ePlaya community in case there were others who still had not found a camp or home on the Playa. While everyone on ePlaya might be strangers, we all share a common bond in wanting to be out there on the Playa together for a week... in that sense we're all family.

Captain Goddammit, It seems like you've been a few times. This is my first time and I dove in head first to support my camp by raising money, helping with logistics, planning entertainment and coordinating various details. I can't call myself one just yet, but I think a real Burner would understand that every camp has it's own vibe and values which all directly support and revolve around the core values of the Burning Man organization and family.

All that being said, you're more than welcome to come check things out for yourself in a few weeks. We'd love to have you and you'll see for yourself that we are far from plug and play.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:41 pm

That certainly does speak for itself.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Yes it does. 🤦‍♂️

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Sorry, not sorry. This is not going to end well. Gaminwench, if you're at the Meet & Greet we're all going over afterwards. Now I can't wait.

Token

Post by Token » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Ratty wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm
Sorry, not sorry. This is not going to end well. Gaminwench, if you're at the Meet & Greet we're all going over afterwards. Now I can't wait.
That there would be a definition of Culture Jamming!

amozatx_85

Post by amozatx_85 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 pm

The more the merrier! Come by for some sound healing and a jump session on the trampolines. All are welcome... just bring good vibes please and thank you :D

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”