HARDLY camp looking for a couple builders to join us

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
fuser
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: hardly

HARDLY camp looking for a couple builders to join us

Post by fuser » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 am

HARDLY is looking for a a couple builders to help construct our camp. We are a minor sound camp with about 30 bodies located on the corner of 430 Portal and Esplanade. We have great infrastructure, kitchen, shower, 24 hour power, and highly Burnerized people. This year we want to add 1 or 2 people to our roster who are able to help with building the camp. You must well skilled with a screw gun and tape measure, have the ability to carry lumber and ascend an 8’ ladder carrying a jug of whiskey, and not be afraid of doing some real (but rewarding) work. Our base is located in Mountain View, CA, please contact us immediately to discuss details.
Attachments
reduced size.JPG

oguzyildiz
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Inspiration Point

Re: HARDLY camp looking for a couple builders to join us

Post by oguzyildiz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am

Hi, we (2 guys) are interested, but I have little experience with a screw gun, didn't have issues. I'm pretty athletic, I can carry stuff around too. And I'm 6'2 if it helps

gigiblossom
Burning Since: 1993
Camp Name: Sacred Spaces - Rhythmwave - Entheon

Post by gigiblossom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi Hardly,

We are a pair of Burners (actually one hard core, crusty veteran burner, and one totally wide eyed virgin) from Silicon Valley and I know it's late...but we are spontaneous and are hoping there is a camp out there that needs our help!

I'm a non sparkle pony highly Burnerized gal, with a tool belt! I have been to the burn 13 or 14 times (they say IF YOU CAN REMEMBER BURNING MAN, YOU WERE'NT THERE!) and have done just about everything you can do out there from pounding rebar to setting up domes and yurts, to Mayor of a huge village (Sacred Spaces) to doing the insane meal plan for 120 people and managing a kitchen.

He's a wide eyed playa VIRGIN who likes to run around with his pants off sometimes, but otherwise an awesome resourceful fun guy, and he's strong and handy and geeky (engineer). We are able to pay dues, help out in advance, arrive early for build, cut watermelon, feed you grapes, etc...

Drizzt321
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Drizzt321 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

I only ever visit a bit, FUN camp. Love hanging out there and sharing some whiskey!

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”