Thank you to all that helped me in this space...

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
AddamsonFlint
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: The Flint Fix-It Fort

Thank you to all that helped me in this space...

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I hope this post doesn't have to be moved for purity sake.

I am posting it in this section because I am grateful beyond words to all the veterans who helped me in here, as I grew and learned by leaps and bounds in my understanding of the theme camp space.

Thank you immensely for all your help this summer, your input, your advice, and even the ass kickings :) ...as I get ready to embark on this amazing journey in just a little over a week.

I can only imagine the hot-mess blur of time and space I will be next weekend as my pack/prep reaches critical mass. And I probably won't have time for this, so I wanted to do it now.

Since I couldn't do my camp this year, I have been struggling with what to bring to the playa to gift. I am no artist, but this is what I made. I'm sure it is far from original, but I thought I'd make bumper stickers and hand them out. If by random chance you find me on the playa, come say hi- I'd be ecstatic to meet you, thank you, and give you one :)

In the mean time, I thought I would open-source what I created if you wanted to use it. I will post links to the high-res versions for downloading down below.

Thank you again for all your help- it meant the world to me.

Flint

High Res links:

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Thank you to all that helped me in this space...

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:27 pm

“Gifts” really aren’t necessary but those are awesome as hell and people are gonna love them!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by Papa Bear » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Those are awesome! But yeah, physical gifts aren't really necessary.

I'll offer the same advice I offer anyone coming for the first time. Get there, get your camp set up, and then wander down the street (any street, any direction) looking for someone who looks like they could benefit from an extra hand setting their stuff up - and when you find one, offer yours.

Not only is it a great gift and a great way to start participating, it's a great way to meet awesome new people.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Flint, please come to the eplaya meat-n-great on Wednesday at 6 at Barbie Death Camp.

We ALL want to meet you.

Also, come to My (our, BigBlueDoggy 8) ) camp, Destiny Lounge 3D at 3Esplanade. We'll gift you a blow job in the afternoon or a spin in the Vortex after dark.

Ask for YAY!
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:47 am

Papa Bear wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Those are awesome! But yeah, physical gifts aren't really necessary.

I'll offer the same advice I offer anyone coming for the first time. Get there, get your camp set up, and then wander down the street (any street, any direction) looking for someone who looks like they could benefit from an extra hand setting their stuff up - and when you find one, offer yours.

Not only is it a great gift and a great way to start participating, it's a great way to meet awesome new people.
Beware when doing this, you tend to meet those awesome people and you end up across the playa doing who knows what with who knows who and that’s just Burning Man..
So, whenever leaving camp for any reason, be prepared to accidentally not return for a long time!!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”