Looking for a camp - have (solar) power to share & food

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2018.
NickW
Burning Since: 2018

Looking for a camp - have (solar) power to share & food

Post by NickW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am

Greetings!
I lost my camp/travelmate to an unexpected schedule change for an audition, so I have a spare ticket and I’m looking for a camp to call home and hopefully contribute to. I’m very easy-going and open minded about everything. It’d be great to have some friends to explore the Playa with, and have a starting point for this awesome event.

Quick bio:
-33m, Boulder Colorado
-Climber, triathlete, engineer, developer, traveler
-I build robots, poke at things, blow stuff up with high energy experiments

I’ve had enough near-death experiences (…usually electricity related) that I live by a philosophy that any life I have left is bonus time, and will be thoroughly enjoyed and lived without worry.

What I can offer:
-A power grid, I’m bringing 600w of solar generation and 6kWh of battery capacity, along with a small & quiet backup-only generator. I may also bring in a Tesla, which would add an additional 100kWh of battery capacity
-A cold (or warm) place to hangout – I’ll have a 12x12 pod with ample cooling/heating capacity to stay comfy along with tons of books and pillows. I may also be able to bring in a graywater disposal system if I have enough space
-Food!

I’ll also have some entertainment available & speakers for when the weather turns abysmal, and there’s a small chance I can offer a 100mbps satellite link + long range wifi if I can fit the dish into the car.

What I’m after:
-Easy going campmates that would like to explore the Playa together. Since I lost my partner to work, I’m going solo.
-A camp with some water capacity. The less water I have to pack in, the more fun stuff I can bring, so I’m hoping to find a camp that will have water to spare. If I can pack in a graywater system, I can also reclaim potable water.
-16’x16′ area for the pod & power/cooling infrastructure
-Somewhere I can volunteer & help out

Thanks all, looking forward to adventuring around brc

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Looking for a camp - have (solar) power to share & food

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 am

I’d strongly suggest not bringing your Tesla to the highly corrosive and abrasive playa.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “Theme Camps & Villages”