Guardian on the Burner Bus

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
Jay the Unicorn
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Kentucky Fried Camp

Guardian on the Burner Bus

Post by Jay the Unicorn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am

This year my 15 year old daughter will be joining me on playa Thursday (she needs to attend her first couple days of school). She will be taking the Burner Express (aka the Burner Bus) that morning from SF and I will need to find a guardian to ride with her that day (bus rules). I know its a bit early but I would like to get to know a trusted adult who knows they are taking the Burner Express that day so we can make an arrangement.

Lucy is an awesome companion and this will be her 5th burn. This is the first time she will be traveling on her own to the playa so I want to make sure she is in good hands. When she was 11 she made the following documentary about Kids at Burning Man

Job Description: Accompanying a delightful 15 year old young lady to Burning Man. Be my daughter’s official adult companion on the Burner Express Bus. The bus will likely depart at 8am, Thursday morning of the Burn. Be sure that during the rest stop on the way, she gets back on the bus (this should not be a problem for her). I will collect her at the bus station on playa.

Requirements: Meet me somewhere in the East Bay for an interview. Bring referrals. Somebody who lives near (east bay) us who would BART with her to the bus is a plus buy not necessary. You must already have a ticket, this person must be reliable and will certainly be going Thursday Morning at 8am.

I will be going up a little early to volunteer and my daughter needs to attend her first days of school. She has been going to Burning Man since she was nine and it would mean the world to us if someone can help us unite on playa. I find the bus to be the safest and most reliable transportation for my daughter but they have a rule about minors requiring an adult companion. If you could help me out please email me at Jay (at) houseman.org.

Cheers

Jay the Unicorn

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Guardian on the Burner Bus

Post by Token » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

Ping the good folks at Kidsville and see if they have any creative ideas. They are fab people with iron-clad creds.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Backing up what Token said. With Kidsville you can trust they're going to recommend someone worthy of precious cargo - even on a crowded bus. That's the only way I'd allow a stranger to act as a guardian to any of my nieces or nephews.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Leap
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Post by Leap » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm

If this is who I think it is, he is very familiar with Kidsville.

Jay the Unicorn
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Kentucky Fried Camp

Post by Jay the Unicorn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Kidsville is an awesome family resource and I will definitely keep them posted. Yep, I am who you think I am. <3

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”