If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest a place to rest for free.

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest a place to rest for free.

Post by wedeliver » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:21 am

FREE Again, Eagle's Nest RV Park...as we have for the past 12 years, for 2018 we offer our gift to folks on their way to BRC and returning home. It does not matter how early or late you are driving by and we do not check for tickets or anything. You can come in and get the rest you need, that's what it is all about. FREE

If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest we wish to gift you a place to stay and rest on your way to Black Rock City. We have offered free camping to people going and coming since 2006 and again this year 2017. For those who have never been here, we are located 60 miles south of Klamath Falls, Oregon in California just off California Hwy 139. We are just off a route to Black Rock City that goes through Alturas, California. Our Website is http://www.eaglesnestrvpark.com We have a webcam that shows the conditions outside and I try to have a weather station up and running so that information is available.

FREE Here is our gift to you. A place to camp, rest, prep your mutant vehicle and just relax in a safe secure, privately owned, property. In the past years we have closed the RV park to only burners but we have found that people staying here love meeting burners and learning all about Burning Man. We have bathroom facilities, both portapotties and one with showers if you need it. Our water comes from a well that is over 300' deep and the water is great, better then bottled I would think. We can fill a 50 gallon drum in less then 5 minutes and the water is a gift to you. In 2014 there was a little concern about me having enough water because of the drought in Northern California. At this point the drought is OVER. YAY. I will have hoses set up so we can fill your water tanks quickly and you and get back on the road, FREE.

Early entry folks, Rangers, Med Staff, Fire folks, Theme camps all welcome. Some people like to stay here from Friday and leave to arrive at sunrise on Monday morning. Naturally the same thing goes for on your way home after the event. This paragraph is from 2015 and entry has changed.

In 2011 we stopped counting at 500 people and that was on Sunday afternoon, I figure another couple hundred came after that. A lot of people come in late at night, take a shower get some sleep and head on out again. Other people stay longer as I said above. We kinda leave it to you guys to not make a mess and Burners live up to that request!!

The only thing we cannot gift our burningman family is electric usage. I don't care about charging phones things like that, btw. we have a great wifi that is also free. But if you wish to plug in your RV to our electric system and run your AC that is ok, just not free.

I have cut and pasted most of the above from 2017.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Re: If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest a place to rest for free.

Post by tatonka » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am

great camping site and great people :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

But I somehow slowly love you And wanna keep you the same Well, I somehow slowly know you And wanna keep you away

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am

always a wonderful offer.
You're the best, and truly in the spirit.
good on ya!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

plyerHatersIntnl
Burning Since: 2021

Post by plyerHatersIntnl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Do we need to call ahead or just show up?

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 pm

What a wonderful gift and thanks for providing it again!!!

I've always just shown up and its been fine and I think this is how it goes normally. There is a loop road with pull throughs in the middle so pause after the gate to get your bearings a little and choose a spot to pull in and park. A quick scan will show you what is going on. If you are arriving at night get parked and shut you engine off as to not to wake people sleeping too much.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

pedroescobar
Burning Since: 2017

Post by pedroescobar » Thu May 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Looking forward to stopping by Sunday evening on the way down to BRC from Seattle... Was hoping to do it last year as well but routing changed for reasoning outside my control.

Thanks for the offer!

sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Post by sparr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:04 am

I did enjoy stopping here, although beware the electric charge which is significantly higher than it says on the website. $20 minimum when we stopped after the burn in 2016.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 am

sparr wrote:I did enjoy stopping here, although beware the electric charge which is significantly higher than it says on the website. $20 minimum when we stopped after the burn in 2016.

We went ahead and reviewed your complaint and wanted to let you know that we filed it with the proper department.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:06 am

Sparr, Can't you let anything go and just be thankful for the generous gift? If you just wanted to play some music and keep your lights on, then just do whatever you've been doing at the burn for a week. Batteries, generator, solar. A free camping spot is a gift. Most people have great things to say about their stop-over. Now say something nice about it!
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”