NEW BURNER FROM CHICAGO IL

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
sameerjaggi
Burning Since: 2018

NEW BURNER FROM CHICAGO IL

Post by sameerjaggi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am

Hi All,

New Burner here from Chicago IL. Looking for help/contacts/people to pair up with for everything.

I am planning to make a trip this year and would be alone. By alone meaning all alone have no one to be with from home to BM and back. Would want to know if there are any people here going from Chicago IL to Burning Man this year(even if you are not from Chicago, no problem). Can drive, fly, rv anything is fine. Can camp, rv, etc. Have no issues with anything as long as I can find good genuine people I can be with for all days.

Please reply, need to be there this year even if it is all by myself

Thank You

Sham

Re: NEW BURNER FROM CHICAGO IL

Post by Sham » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 pm

sameerjaggi wrote:Hi All,

New Burner here from Chicago IL. Looking for help/contacts/people to pair up with for everything.

I am planning to make a trip this year and would be alone. By alone meaning all alone have no one to be with from home to BM and back. Would want to know if there are any people here going from Chicago IL to Burning Man this year(even if you are not from Chicago, no problem). Can drive, fly, rv anything is fine. Can camp, rv, etc. Have no issues with anything as long as I can find good genuine people I can be with for all days.

Thank You
Welcome to eplaya.
You will not be alone for long. Before you enter the gate, you know 50 people.
As far as people from home, you might consider joining your local burner group. You will make new friends and possibly join up with a camp. https://regionals.burningman.org/

WhiskyGrumbles

Post by WhiskyGrumbles » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Thank You

Hey! New burner from Omaha! I'll also be going alone, however I have gotten involved in my local regional group, I'm sure Chicago has one if not a few. Good for connections, making friends, etc.

If you plan on driving I would make sure to read up on the posts in the forums/reddit about the playa dust and how it's going to affect cars. I've also heard that rental places within even a reasonable distance from BRC/Reno are sticklers about BM car rentals.

Someone brought up Amtrak to me as an option to get there as well. Southwest or possibly Spirit Airlines since you're in a major air hub would probably have cheap-ish flights.

That being said, my name is Bri!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:40 pm

WhiskyGrumbles wrote:

Someone brought up Amtrak to me as an option to get there as well. Southwest or possibly Spirit Airlines since you're in a major air hub would probably have cheap-ish flights.

That being said, my name is Bri!
Hi Bri
If you're already hooked into your local regional you'll do fine.
You won't be able to take Amtrak to the playa/Gerlach, maybe to Reno.
Check out https://burnerexpress.burningman.org/ for travel Reno-BM. This is last years info, but 2018 will be up after a while. Shouldn't be a lot of changes,
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

zaii
Burning Since: 2011

Post by zaii » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 am

I'm from the area and can point you in the right direction, there are a bunch of local meetups and parties for people who want to mingle and get involved in the community. Our local regional in Michigan (Lakes of Fire) is in June so right now is a good time to jump in. :D

SpecialQue

Post by SpecialQue » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi there! I'm new and from Chicago too!

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”