Looking to get to BM 2018 on 08/24 from SF

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
jbyman
Burning Since: 2018

Looking to get to BM 2018 on 08/24 from SF

Post by jbyman » Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 am

Hello!

I'm a virgin burner who's volunteering with ESD this year. My first shift will be at midnight on Saturday the 25th (i.e. Friday night). I was hoping to catch a ride with someone from San Francisco around 3pm on Friday?

Shoot me a text! (917-455-4388)

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Looking to get to BM 2018 on 08/24 from SF

Post by burner von braun » Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 am

I assume you have been granted a WAP. Also, it seems to me that you need to rethink your departure time to insure you'll be where you need to be at midnight. I know I wouldn't attempt to cut it that close if ESD were depending on me. Good on ya for volunteering jbyman. I don't know how many shifts you have, but do keep in mind that most people agree that it is best not to overcommit on your first year. I imagine the ESD people can guide you along those lines. Good luck!

jbyman
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Looking to get to BM 2018 on 08/24 from SF

Post by jbyman » Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

burner von braun wrote:I assume you have been granted a WAP. Also, it seems to me that you need to rethink your departure time to insure you'll be where you need to be at midnight. I know I wouldn't attempt to cut it that close if ESD were depending on me. Good on ya for volunteering jbyman. I don't know how many shifts you have, but do keep in mind that most people agree that it is best not to overcommit on your first year. I imagine the ESD people can guide you along those lines. Good luck!

Noted! Will adjust my departure time :)

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”