BRC to Reno on Sunday (2 Sept)

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
jd1800
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: La Gorge

BRC to Reno on Sunday (2 Sept)

Post by jd1800 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 am

Friends-
Am looking for a ride out of BRC to Reno early morning (anytime midnight-8am) on Sunday (2 Sept) to try to make a flight overseas. I am clean, can hold a conversation or just keep quiet, happy to drive if you'd like, pretty easygoing. Happy to pay for fuel, food, snacks, etc.

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: BRC to Reno on Sunday (2 Sept)

Post by Traveller in Time » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:52 am

Ask at BMIR, sometimes it becomes an entire radio show :D

"... and we're bacK" with David C is on between 2 and 4 am, He will love some company.
When about to leave many will switch on the radio.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Canoe

Re: BRC to Reno on Sunday (2 Sept)

Post by Canoe » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:49 pm

jd1800 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 am
...BRC to Reno early morning (anytime midnight-8am) on Sunday (2 Sept) to try to make a flight overseas. ...
TRY is the right word, if your flight is on Sunday.
You NEED to search eplaya for the threads on leaving to catch a plane. And Exodus.

You need to monitor the weather and traffic. If it rains on the playa, nobody moves. You can't get off the playa. Same if there's no rain in BRC, but it rains at the playa exit or on the hills nearby and it runs onto the playa. Or if the highway washes out (eplaya was photos of this). So you may need to scramble out of BRC as early as Saturday morning.

Or gate has to close as "BRC is closed" as it did for a number of hours in 2016 and after it was taking nine hours just to get from Gate across the playa and onto the road. Plus the time to get through BRC to Gate and the time on the road to get down to Wadsworth, then to Reno. Sometimes 18 hours. Sometimes three or four.

And you need to get cleaned up to ensure you'll be allowed onto the plane. So get to Reno the day before, hotel overnight, cleaned & rested, make your flight.

So it depends. What would it cost to buy another flight home if you missed?
Do that search for all of the ins and outs of getting a ride, and the risks on when.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”