Lost Tricycle - Blue Schwinn Meridien

Lost something on the playa? Tell us about it here.
cc124
Burning Since: 2018

Lost Tricycle - Blue Schwinn Meridien

Post by cc124 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:44 am

Last seen on playa on Saturday morning 9/1 between the Orb and pathway to Burning Man (parked by one the poles lining the BM path). Had bike lock on, and LED lights lining inside of back basket. May have also had headlamp and tin cup in the back basket.

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Lost Tricycle - Blue Schwinn Meridien

Post by Meat Hunter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am

Several of us here on e-playa use a Schwinn Meridian for personal transportation on the playa. When they are fully assembled, they are not the easiest thing to man-handle or to transport.

Your Schwinn Meridian will not be something that could be hung on a bike rack on the back of a car or easily lifted to the top RV.

If they have a shipping container, they might be able store and use it next year or if they have a large cargo truck or an empty bed on pick-up truck (unlikely), they would be able to take it home with them.

My guess is that when they begin rounding-up all the derelict bikes left on the playa, your Meridian will be one of the scant few full-size adult trikes left on the playa and it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Sorry for you loss. I know what it would mean to me and how much pain it would cause if my trike had ever been stolen on the playa.

The question is? At only $280+- new from Wal-Mart, will it be worth it to you to pay someone to disassemble, package, and ship your trike back to you? Possibly not.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Question ?? Was your bike locked ??
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:54 pm

cc124 wrote, "Had bike lock on."

Which begs the question; was the lock cut and the trike ridden off by one person?

Or, knowing personally how heavy and unwieldy a Schwinn Meridian is to carry, it could not have been carried by one person.

It would have taken two and preferably three people to have carried it any distance a'tall.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Return to “2018 Lost On The Playa”