UPS Expedited

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
jpicard
Burning Since: 2013

UPS Expedited

Post by jpicard » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi, Has anyone here that used the UPS Expedited delivery method received their tickets?

tattooedreceptionist
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Fhloston Paradise

Re: UPS Expedited

Post by tattooedreceptionist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:55 am

Nope.

Someone mentioned UPS mail innovations in this thread, so they may be coming USPS --viewtopic.php?f=536&t=100243
Norma Jean
Don't forget the pantalónes!

jpicard

Post by jpicard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:23 am

Just received a tracking number this morning. Looks like UPS Expedited will be delivered directly by UPS.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm

I also got a tracking number. Says it will be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately, I wont be home to sign for it. I always had the tickets shipped to my work but was not given this option this year and I am unable to change the delivery address at UPS. What a fucking shit show. I don't know why they didn't use TicketFly again this year but instead decided to use what appears to be a group of 4 year olds for the ticket sales and delivery this time.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Joeln
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: On our own

Post by Joeln » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Ours just showed up today. No email no tracking number, just found it in the mailbox . . .
Collapse first and avoid the rush

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Mine too a couple of days ago. It hardly seems worth the $15 for delivery with confirmation. (All priority mail USPS has a tracking #.)
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

jpicard

Post by jpicard » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:26 am

TT120 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm
I also got a tracking number. Says it will be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately, I wont be home to sign for it. I always had the tickets shipped to my work but was not given this option this year and I am unable to change the delivery address at UPS. What a fucking shit show. I don't know why they didn't use TicketFly again this year but instead decided to use what appears to be a group of 4 year olds for the ticket sales and delivery this time.
The status of mine still shows "label created" will an expected delivery date of four days ago. Did yours ever ship out?

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 pm

One of ours was UPS Expedited versus UPS Innovations.

The UPS Innovations for our own tickets arrived in the mailbox, no tracking number beforehand (it did appear a few days after delivery).

Later, the UPS Expedited shipment for our friend's ticket did arrive via an actual UPS dropoff. While the ticket fulfillment company did jack shit to let us know the package was on the way, we were signed up for UPS MyChoice and it alerted us to a shipment inbound to our address.

Both shipments were complete and sealed. The worst thing that happened was when our tickets arrived, we immediately split and ate the Fireball as is proper. But when our friend's ticket arrived, my girlfriend ate their fireball which is not cool.

TT120
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:33 am

jpicard wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:26 am
TT120 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm
The status of mine still shows "label created" will an expected delivery date of four days ago. Did yours ever ship out?
Mine was delayed for a few days for unknown reasons but I did eventually get the package. They did not require a signature and just dropped it on the porch. Certainly was not worth the extra $22 I paid for UPS 2nd day air.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:54 pm

July 22. Order still says Processing. No notification. Nothing. Almost everyone else in our camp has received their tickets. This system does not appear to be working too well.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

I just got mine on Friday, just checked my status at here.burningman. Says it’s still processing...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

1kenyonbrook
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Shine Town

Post by 1kenyonbrook » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Just received my UPS Expedited Envelope - Completely empty - wasn't opened, just nothing. Is there a best way to contact BM regarding this except an email through the contracts?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated -

Thanks

Kenyon Brook

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Ugh, I’m sorry but I have heard on Reddit where this has happened to others also. Contact ticketing at burningman.org. Hopefully those tix can be cancelled and you can get your replacements at will call.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Pleased to inform you that my UPS Expedited tickets arrived intact. No shipping notification but a signature was required when they were delivered to my work. My ticket info page still says Processing. Sorry for everyone having delivery issues.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”