What's Up With the 'Print-at-home tickets' email?

Want to talk about tickets, vehicle passes or the Burning Man box office? You've come to the right place.
BrotherMonkey
Burning Since: 2008

What's Up With the 'Print-at-home tickets' email?

Post by BrotherMonkey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 pm

After purchasing tickets in the DGS, I received an email for "Print-at-home" tickets (I selected the "Delivery Confirmation" option for $15.00).

If these really are valid print at home tickets, it seems like a pretty precarious way to do it.

Anyone else get this? What's up? I want my Atomic Fireball!

DarthKrosis

Re: What's Up With the 'Print-at-home tickets' email?

Post by DarthKrosis » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:42 pm

I'm guessing that since the pdf tickets look like generic ShowClix print-at-home-tickets with BM info grafted on, ShowClix forgot to disable this option in their generic ticket sales code. I hope they're a little more competent when it comes to mailing physical tickets.

Another concern: the mailing option is "delivery confirmation" rather than "signature required".

BrotherMonkey

Post by BrotherMonkey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Looks like they fixed it now. The "print at home" option no longer exists and a shipping status and address sections have magically appeared.

According to UPS, Delivery Confirmation gives you a confirmation of delivery–you gotta pay extra for the "signature required" and "adult signature required" options.

Hopefully, next year's new ticket vendor will work these kinks out.

Blackjack
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dome on the Range

Post by Blackjack » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Re: mailing option is "delivery confirmation" rather than "signature required" :

I've had decent results with other valuable packages shipped via UPS by signing up for UPS MyChoice. The user interface and signup is a pain, and I think there's a paid option they try to steer you towards, but it was free for me. You can do things like request that the package be held at a UPS facility for you to pick up. They may also let you schedule delivery within some time window, or add additional instructions like leaving it at a back door.

So if you're especially worried about the package sitting in an unsecured location, take a look at that.

Wigwam
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Wanderers

Post by Wigwam » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Ok, so I guess I'm hoping I'll still get my paper tickets and I'll bring both the home printed ones and the provided ones....
The truth is more important than the facts.
I'm not an actor, but I've played one on TV.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 pm

BrotherMonkey wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm
... According to UPS, Delivery Confirmation gives you a confirmation of delivery–you gotta pay extra for the "signature required" and "adult signature required" options. ...
My dog is rather capable, so I can save by skipping the "adult signature required" fee.
Wigwam wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:45 pm
Ok, so I guess I'm hoping I'll still get my paper tickets and I'll bring both the home printed ones and the provided ones....
I find that gate is rather amused by my full-colour crayon version.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 am

For $1081 and change I want an Atomic Fireball (I can't print no stinking Fireballs). I still feel ripped off buying 2 & only getting 1 AFB.

Yeah, I got tickets & I'm complaining.....(1st World problems).....Oh the entitlement!

I'm guessing Vehicle Passes will be up to $120 by next year. PlayaStool will have to re-assess their fees.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

BrotherMonkey

Post by BrotherMonkey » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Here’s the reply I received from BMORG today:

Oh man, I wish we had some kind of 3d printer atomic fireball magic. We don’t though. We also don’t have Print at home tickets, that option was turned on for a hot minute, and we quickly had it shut down. You’ll still receive your shiny tickets in the mail, as well as the aforementioned atomic fireball.

Cheers

Deacon
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Department of Wonder

Post by Deacon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Can't wait until the 'Print-at-home" tickets start showing up on Craig's List for face value

Return to “Tickets Discussion”