Czech / Aussie Traveling from Perth looking for DJ Slot!

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2019 playa projects here.
cerw
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Aruma - Blazing Swan (Australia, Perth)

Czech / Aussie Traveling from Perth looking for DJ Slot!

Post by cerw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:03 am

Hello Friends,

Took me a long time to write this as I find it quite cliche (too many DJ in the world atm) but as I don't have that many connections to USA Burners, I am trying this. I know it's not about music (only) and it should def not be just about EDM either! But Been DJing for 20 years (Prague, Perth, Sydney) and just love to make people happy with some old new tunes!

I will have my Traktor + headphones with me and if you know of any sound theme camp who has a slot please let me know. We travel from Australia with my wife for the first time

We have been part of Local Burn Blazing Swan where I run all events, sound, lights etc. (Aruma theme camp)

I am 40 this year, most of the tracks are from (golden era) when Rave started :) No specifics style, just good music any BPM: )

Thanks

Petr / DJ Worm.
petr@cervenka.space

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Czech / Aussie Traveling from Perth looking for DJ Slot!

Post by Ratty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 am

Hi and welcome. This is your first burn or at least her first burn. Might I suggest that you forget the DJ job. Leave it home. Out of 80,000 participants we already have 10,000 DJs. Instead step outside of your usual fun and do the naked pub crawl. There's a million bunny march, critical tits, sunrise under a rhino or 1,000 other things waiting for you. Stop by the Volunteer Resourses (next to Playa Info) and let them direct you to a shift. Someone needs your help at that very minute. Do 4 hours at Center Camp Cafe. Help someone put up a creepy clown dome. I know, you want to make us happy with your favorite music. We're already happy. (And your favorite music isn't everyone's favorite.) Come and enjoy the show in a different way. By the way, Welcome to ePlaya.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

cerw
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Aruma - Blazing Swan (Australia, Perth)

Re: Czech / Aussie Traveling from Perth looking for DJ Slot!

Post by cerw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Hello,

Somehow I was expecting this response. This is our first USA Burn, we did Local Burnes before. I do agree with all the points you listed. I am really after 1 SET, I am happy to do any other activity as you suggested and will be doing them withing my camp as well (Yacht Club)

Thanks for replyanyway. Def dont want to increase DJ numbers ::)))

Return to “Art & Performance”