Looking for performers (theatre, dance, song etc.) for Playascape at the burn

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2019 playa projects here.
foxymacmanus_1
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Playascape Art Support Camp

Looking for performers (theatre, dance, song etc.) for Playascape at the burn

Post by foxymacmanus_1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello fellow Burners!

Looking for performers of all types to come and animate the amazing Playascape on the playa. Led by Alex Haw aka Badge, we are a large collective of artists and makers from the UK, Europe and around the world bringing Playascape to the playa this year. (

It's a massive plywood amphitheatre that encourages exploration and performance - a natural setting for anyone to offer something to the people gathered on its topography.

We'll be placed somewhere near the DMZ, and have tons of brilliant art cars coming to visit at night - but would love to offset the dance moments with more spiritual and cultural performances that reach wider audiences, and perhaps deeper feelings. We already have a sunrise meditation planned for Tuesday and Psychedelic Breathwork for Wednesday; 2 weddings; hopefully some fire, and fingers crossed for a visit from the Playa Choir.

Would you want to perform? Know anyone that might? We'd love to see people use it to the max; to hear opera; choir; a collective hum; see theatre, sword-fights, mime; playalympic games; a gentle monologue or poetry reading - whatever your heart desires.

If you might be interested, please do get in touch on sineadmacmanus@gmail.com

& anyway - come visit on playa!
Love Foxy xxxx

SnowPixie
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Partner Dance Adventure

Re: Looking for performers (theatre, dance, song etc.) for Playascape at the burn

Post by SnowPixie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Me and my partner are tango dancers and would love to perform. The only trouble is - I have not yet secured a ticket! :( But if I get lucky (with hope fading quickly...), we would love to be part of Playascape!

Return to “Art & Performance”