Golden Guy Alley interactive art gallery

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about your 2019 playa projects here.
MissyPissy
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Black Rock City ahaha House Harriers

Golden Guy Alley interactive art gallery

Post by MissyPissy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:21 am

The Golden Gallery is more than an art exhibit. It’s story is told through exploration, luring visitors in to question: What lies beneath the surface?

https://goldenguygallery.com/

We’re looking for artists to help make this vision come to life. Performance artists, live painters, photographers, mixologists, interactive and thought provoking art of any kind. More info and images on the website. If you know of any artists, please tell your friends! Thank you fam! 🙌🏽

Applications due by May 15th.

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Golden Guy Alley interactive art gallery

Post by Popeye » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:58 am

Now that's interesting. The playa needs a place for small art. Something the broke but talented individual can invest time and effort in without a lot of money. I predict you will be flooded with art.

Could you stop over at Greeters and tell us a little about yourself, what you have done, what you do and why you do it?
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Dirkadirka
Burning Since: 2010

Post by Dirkadirka » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:04 pm

This sounds awesome. I’m very excited to come find the alley this year. I was a big fan of Golden Gai when I visited Tokyo. I’d be interested in bar tending the pop up one evening.

MissyPissy

Post by MissyPissy » Wed May 01, 2019 12:49 pm

That would be awesome! Please submit your info via the website so we can get in touch! :)

MissyPissy

Post by MissyPissy » Wed May 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Popeye wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:58 am
Now that's interesting. The playa needs a place for small art. Something the broke but talented individual can invest time and effort in without a lot of money. I predict you will be flooded with art.

Could you stop over at Greeters and tell us a little about yourself, what you have done, what you do and why you do it?
You got it!
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=98610

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 02, 2019 5:25 am

Moderator's note: actually, the details of the art project belong here, Greeter's is more for personal introductions.

Exciting project, I definitely will seek it out. I do love the back alley bars in Japan. Also, small art is rather my area of expertise. I make hundreds of pieces, and people do donate art, to my Home for Wayward Art, a daytime gifting gallery. I am rarely "flooded" with art, although the gallery does become a dumping ground on Friday or Saturday if I don't keep an eye on it. More art for the next year. I curate each morning and let the day take its course. I even have a velvet rope because that amuses me. It has only been stolen once, and found on the Esplanade.
DSCF8353 - Copy.JPG

Return to “Art & Performance”