Camp Asterix is looking for new blood

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
Spag
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Asterix

Camp Asterix is looking for new blood

Post by Spag » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:29 am

First of all: We offer essentially fuck all — No showers, no meals, no responsibilities, no dues. Just fun and some communal shade. Still with me? Keep reading.

We are looking for some self-reliant folks who just want a place to pitch their pad for the week. We are about 16 campers (Ages 28 to 65? {I just seriously offended 2 members of our camp there}) with room for about 4 or so people and would like to reach out to people feeling the crunch of not knowing where they may camp. In the default world, we are scientists, writers, photographers, publishers, actors, sailors... a good mixed bag of weird folks. We also love meeting new people! We've inducted numerous members into the Asterix family this way, and it's super fun to see how people roll in and integrate with our camp.

You don't have to help us run our bar or even put on a Steve Harvey mask and host our family feud night. However, if you want to be a part of all that, that's awesome. All that we ask is that you bring no drama to our camp and want to have some fun with a group of eclectic folks from around the globe. (And maybe bring a small rug. TBD). There are of course a few questions we need to ask you.

If this kind of no-frills wildcard situation appeals to you, send me a pm. :coffee:

Spag

joeanonymous
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Camp Asterix is looking for new blood

Post by joeanonymous » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 am

Hey Spag. I sent you an email. Sorry but mistakenly addressed to "Stag" instead "Spag". Hope that doesn't disqualify me to hopefully join your camp. :wink: Joe

godiechoes
Burning Since: 2019

Post by godiechoes » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi!!!

This is my fisrt year at burning Man, and I have no idea where to camp!! And little of shade would be more than incredible! And of course a excess of fun is welcome!

I am from Colombia I have 31. I will arrive to SF August 23!, and as I told you at the beginning of this introduction I am new so the mix of sensations are indescribable.

I hope be part of your camp, you sound great and,with a good vibe.

Thanks, peace and see you en La Playa! ..Cofee too

Spag
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Asterix

Post by Spag » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 pm

I was definitely not expecting so many people to reply! Thank you all for your interest. We now have maxed out our space (and maybe some more :? ) If I don't get back to you, please don't take offense as we were only going through the applications chronologically.

Cheers,
Spag

playapoppet
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp LaCenta

Post by playapoppet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Return to “Camps & Villages”