Virgin burner looking for a camp

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
Mak
Burning Since: 2019

Virgin burner looking for a camp

Post by Mak » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Hello mates,

I’m a virgin burner, looking for any tips or advices to join a camp , I hope it’s not too late , any tips or advices or any offers will be greatly appreciated!

M

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Re: Virgin burner looking for a camp

Post by Popeye » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 am

Mak wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:03 pm
Hello mates,

I’m a virgin burner, looking for any tips or advices to join a camp , I hope it’s not too late , any tips or advices or any offers will be greatly appreciated!

M
Thoink about what you can provide to a camp, what are you good at, what are you interested in and why you are going to BM. Then, tak a look here https://playaevents.burningman.org/2019 ... events/01/ to get an idea of what camps are doing and what you can get excited about. Email them or contact on Face Book. Tell them what you can do for them and for Burning Man and why you want to join their camp. Who knows, you might get lucky :)
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Mak
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Mak » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am

It is really really disappointing and very sad. Burning man principles include radical inclusion. I emailed and messaged so many and have been trying to get in any of the theme camps but no one even replied. No one even cared to reply a word. It seems like everyone is decided long time ago and no one is willing to make any accommodation or changes to include any new any Virgin burner.

Popeye

Post by Popeye » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:36 am

Mak wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am
It is really really disappointing and very sad. Burning man principles include radical inclusion. I emailed and messaged so many and have been trying to get in any of the theme camps but no one even replied. No one even cared to reply a word. It seems like everyone is decided long time ago and no one is willing to make any accommodation or changes to include any new any Virgin burner.
An accommodation means they should change to accomodate you. Look at what you can give to the camp and the Burn not what the camp can give to you. Maybe YOU should make the accomodation?

It's a little late but check locally for Burner gatherings and go. Meet people and make a connection.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Popeye

Post by Popeye » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 am

Return to “Camps & Villages”