LOOKING FOR A BURNING MAN FAMILY (Yes, parent.s with kid.s!)

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
couturelea
Burning Since: 2019

LOOKING FOR A BURNING MAN FAMILY (Yes, parent.s with kid.s!)

Post by couturelea » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:32 am

✨✨✨🔥✨ LOOKING FOR A BURNING MAN FAMILY (Yes, parent.s with kid.s!) ✨🔥✨✨✨

Hello burners, I’m reaching out to you, as I’m actively looking for a family to document during this year’s journey on the playa. I’m a full time photography student from Montréal who specializes in family documentation, from birth and on (you read that right!).

Do you know someone who's been or who's going to Burning Man with their kids this year? Any lead, contact will help!

Are you this family? I could meet you at home (my travel plans are still flexible), document your arrival, some bits here and there every day during the week, the ups, the downs, the magical and mystical of this adventure, all through the eyes of your children. Are you and your kids interested in sharing the beauty of the playa life by having me tag along, and then get bonus visual memories from this experience? Let’s connect, skype, let me share more images, ideas and inspirations with you, let’s see if we click!

This personal project would be the apogee of my vision of family documentation! Any leads, tags, share of this post, tips or info is highly appreciated. 💛🙏 PLEASE TAG YOUR FRIENDS AND REACH OUT!

Léaxx
couture.lea@gmail.com

All photos were taken by me, except the portrait with the kid (by Gabriel Magny) and the two portraits of me (by that amazing 2 years old).
Attachments
BMproject2 copie.jpeg
BMproject3 copie.jpg

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Re: LOOKING FOR A BURNING MAN FAMILY (Yes, parent.s with kid.s!)

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 am

If you need documentation of Burners who don't think kids belong in the desert sun breathing lung harming dust, I'm here.

Please don't tell us this is your first Burn.....
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:55 am

That’s a grand proposal for a first time burner.

Sadly it is a bit late in the game ...

Arranging something like this takes time and planning.

May I suggest you spend your first year on Playa making connections with families and creating a network for next year?

You know, learn the ropes, get a feel for the culture, learn how much expensive equipment you will destroy out there ...

Photography at BM has a long and controversial history... maybe test the waters in year-1 and learn the ropes.

That said, there is a whole village of families with kids every year at Burning Man. And there are many more outside that village.

Search for Kidsville. Who knows, maybe reach out and see what pans out but don’t hold any expectations. Culture and connections come first in allot of what goes down out there.

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash. Not a Placer

Post by Papa Bear » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:21 am

The Kidsville website is at www.kidsville.org - information on how to join the mailing list can be found there. That's probably the easiest place to reach out and ask.

That said, I agree with the advice you've been given: this may not be project to try your first year, especially on this short of notice.

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Chowski » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 am

Yer kid is ruining my burn.

Return to “Camps & Villages”