People Seeking Camps 2019

Theme camps and villages are the interactive core of Burning Man. This is the place to announce and discuss camp and village plans for Burning Man 2019.
erc
Burning Since: 2018

Re: People Seeking Camps 2019

Post by erc » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:59 am

I had an amazing first burn with Campus Callosum last year! We hosted Ask a Drunk Scientist events and I definitely fit part of that description.

Also, I checked out a book at Black Rock Public Library, which I need to return this year or face late fines?

Campus Callosum isn't campusing again in 2019, but I've got a ticket so here we are! Is your camp fun yet functional? Will you be out until 4 am but still picking up moop and troubleshooting the evap system in the morning? Let's connect!

I'd love to get involved in some pre-burn prep if your camp is based in the Bay area. Also, I'll arrive Saturday, so I can help a bit with final camp setup. Click my profile to read more or reach out!

Bish McGee
Burning Since: 2016

Post by Bish McGee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi! I’m Bish McGee and I am in search of a new camp. I’m friendly helpful and I love to take care of camp mates with my Massage Therapy skills. I go to about 7 regional burns a year and I’m Infrastructure lead for my local Burn. I’m in search of broadening my horizons this horizons this year and joining a camp to get me out of my comfort zone.

If you want a helpful and fun campmate that’s open to all sorts of opportunities please reply to this message! I’m excited to hear from you!

SweetDreams42

Post by SweetDreams42 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:30 am

Hi there fellow burners!

I am a second year burner looking for a camp. I didn't think that I was going to make it home this year, but plans changed and I am headed to the playa come hell or high water! The camp I camped with last year is taking a break. That leaves me looking for a new family last minute... yikes!

I am in search of a camp with a shared power grid or shared generator. The cost can be included in camp dues or in addition to them. Either way works for me. I also need about a 25' by 25' footprint. I can't afford to purchase a whole new setup for this year.

I have sought out other camps via ePlaya and Burning Man page but it is difficult to determine which camps offer power. I don't want to be a pest and ping every camp. Any help on my quest for a camp would be great!!

Thanks and dusty dreams!!
Sweetest Dreams, Burners!

Nimajneb

Post by Nimajneb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Hello Burners!

My name is Ben and I just received an unexpected Low Income Ticket and have all of a month and a half to get ready!

Last year I came for my birthday with 3 other friends and we went completely self-reliant, so this is not my first rodeo. I live out of Connecticut/Massachusetts so I have done a little last minute networking with the local burners out in this area.

I found last year to be a solid test run of how to properly formulate Burning Man for myself for following adventures. I'm a little bit of everything with a solid dash of "out there" personality. That being said, the best placement for me would be a solid balance of 'chill' and upbeatness. I have always loved not just attending these types of venues for the fun, but also getting involved and helping contribute.

Since this is very last minute, my ideal camp should have many of amenities (mainly meals) preset, as I am aware and not concerned about dues/giving back in return for the care.

Thank you and hope to hear some awesome feedback!

Sunshine2day
Burning Since: 2015

Looking to contribute to Art, Science, Tech, Support type Camp

Post by Sunshine2day » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm

My boyfriend and I are veteran Burners in our 50s and this will be our 3rd year. We sadly weren't able to go last year and didn't think this year we could. But we finally got tickets :D :D :D :D so now we are trying to hit the ground running to make it happen.
We are reliable enthusiastic participants with a laid back positive vibe, more so we are friendly kind people. Science junkies by nature and do art for a living in the LA area. My boyfriend is a licensed pyro tech, sfx, mechanical wizard. I am the spiritual balance, I can teach meditation, energy heal, and provide a compassionate shoulder, organize, super resourceful, also have some mechanical skills. Love to be part of a chill community that is an art project or art car support, science, type of camp. We are looking for a project that we can sink our teeth into as well as a camp with infrastructure. We are planning on bringing a trailer.
Thank you!!!! :D :D :D

SweetDreams42

Post by SweetDreams42 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:34 pm

SweetDreams42 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:30 am
Hi there fellow burners!

I am a second year burner looking for a camp. I didn't think that I was going to make it home this year, but plans changed and I am headed to the playa come hell or high water! The camp I camped with last year is taking a break. That leaves me looking for a new family last minute... yikes!

I am in search of a camp with a shared power grid or shared generator. The cost can be included in camp dues or in addition to them. Either way works for me. I also need about a 25' by 25' footprint. I can't afford to purchase a whole new setup for this year.

I have sought out other camps via ePlaya and Burning Man page but it is difficult to determine which camps offer power. I don't want to be a pest and ping every camp. Any help on my quest for a camp would be great!!

Thanks and dusty dreams!!
I found my new Burning Man home, Planet Earth! Thanks, all!
Sweetest Dreams, Burners!

phantazmagoria
Burning Since: 2019

Post by phantazmagoria » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 am

Hey,

My name is Genevieve, 23. I'm a musician (in progress), artist, dancer/aerialist (in progress), actor,
I seek to share diverse inner worlds/feelings/visions with others through music/art/all abstract means of self-expression, and to further cultivate/grow these worlds by sharing,

ambitious, dedicated, thorough, creative, good at decorating, people person, learn quickly and always excited to learn new skills, detail-oriented, efficient, good with numbers, music mixing, performance, making sure everything gets recycled, radio host, photographer, drawing..

The perfect theme camp for me would be a big one that creates one all-encompassing, strange/unusual/dark experience for others. A weird room/bar/maze/game with opportunity for characters to act and music that isn't house music. Something strange. Would love to set up the vision and to be an actor in the game.
I love a large variety of music (punk, goth, indonesian music, indian music, funk, jazz, beatles, hip hop, distortion, etc) and would love to help contribute a refuge from house music if possible.

But it is my 1st year and I'm open to anything. I'd love to contribute in any way I possibly can to anything exciting and to be part of a cool, like-minded community. I think I could be useful in many ways. I'm happy to work for days prior to and after the Burn to be part of a good camp.
Hoping for a camp with some kind of shower pass. I have my ticket already.
If anyone thinks of any recommendations, I'd love to hear ツ

Genevieve aka Phantazmagoria

texanwebdev
Burning Since: 2017

Post by texanwebdev » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am

He guys. My Wife and I are interested in joining a camp this year. The first year we did it on our own and got even got married on the playa. The second year we weren't able to get tickets, but we still traveled and camped outside Burning Man, the horizon was beautiful. This year we'd like to be back in the action though.

We're not too social people, but we warm up to the people we like. We're really outgoing and we know how to have fun :)

poseidon

Post by poseidon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi fellow burners,

Myself (28/M) and my fiancé (30/F) just acquired tickets through my cousin that can no longer make it to burning man this year. We are beyond excited to attend our first burn and acknowledge that we have a lot of planning to do beforehand.

We are interested in finding a camp that would be a good fit for both parties. Our ideal camp is one that has a project that we can get really involved in and feel for. We live in Los Angeles and would love to meet up beforehand to help or contribute with anything we have (or any applicable camp dues).

We have created a plan to be fully self-reliant but joining a camp that would make certain elements of our burn easier would go a long way. While we considered an RV, our current plan is to buy a shiftpod and hookup our (AC/Heater/Generator unit). However, if camps have certain restrictions, we are very flexible and can modify our housing plans.

We are social, mostly outgoing, and love to dance. As an earlier poster said, we would also love a camp that has a good balance of ‘chill’ and ‘upbeatness’ and a dash of ‘out-there.’ Let me know if you think we might be a good fit and if you would like to talk to us over the phone or through message, feel free to reach out.

Waryman

Post by Waryman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Hello,

I am a two-time burner going on his third year straight. I am looking to join a camp (does not need to be a theme camp). My primary reason for joining a camp this year is because my usual buddy is now a part of a separate camp and I don't want to to deal with the logistics of solo camping.

I can contribute money if needed and/or bring supplies. I am open to camps that will bring things like shade areas, stoves, showers. However, I am also open to just meeting up with a group of people as well. I am highly particular to camps that have or can contribute to a shaded area where we can all relax.

I do have a storage locker on the west coast filled with supplies (tailgate stove, infinity chairs, shower, etc) so I can definitely bring stuff with me but I would be limited on what I can bring by the car I may have to rent.

Open to suggestions. I am located on the East Coast (philadelphia)

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:29 pm

"This year we have placed a record 1,566 camps! In fact, we will be placing more camps than even submitted Placement Questionnaires in 2018! Of those 1,566 camps, there will be 1,137 theme camps and 216 camps within 75 villages for all of Black Rock City’s citizens to engage with." :roll:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

camipirass

Looking for a camp!

Post by camipirass » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 am

Hi burners!
This is year it will be my first and I’m going totally by my self.
I rented a car (the only possible solution for pick up a bike, food etc)
I really don’t know if it is a good idea trying to sleep inside the car.
There is any camp with a spot for me? Any suggestions?
Thank you!!

daisymaybee
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: BRC Tour of Homes

Post by daisymaybee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:04 am

BRC Tour of Homes will be located on Echo and 3:15. We may have room for a couple of campers.
We do not provide showers or meals or lodging.
This is a self-supported camp where everyone pitches in with our Realty Office. Folks who are staying through Monday are especially welcome.
Please write to us and tell us about what you do at Burning Man. brctourofhomes@gmail.com
daisymaybee

Squiddy
Burning Since: 1999

Post by Squiddy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 am

I am an artist.
Veteran since 1999.
I work a project every day about noon to sunset in center camp.

I am looking for a camp without meetings, obligations, dues ect.

I have early arrival and I am helpful.
I just can not make group meals or perform shifts ect.

Thank you.

kraycamper

Post by kraycamper » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 am

My boyfriend and I are virgin burners from San Francisco looking for a camp to join this year. We're looking for something chill with a cool art theme and a diverse & international community, but would be open to anything. We like having interesting conversations, partying, going to dive bars and even other bars and in general having a fun time! We would also be interested in a science camp if there are any spots open! My boyfriend is a huge space nerd. :)

Let us know of any camps that are still taking people!

kukems

Post by kukems » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:41 am

A couple of virgins looking for a camp this year :)

We'll come well prepared without high expectations. We're self reliant and would like to join some of the more experienced burners to explore this amazing experience together.

If you think we could fit your camp please get in touch :)

Sporkster
Camp Name: Twisted Swan Celtic Pub

Post by Sporkster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

Are you still looking for a home on the Playa? The Twisted Swan and Temple of Bacchus would love to have you.

We are part of a well-established village, and still have a few spots.

Yes, there are dues to help bring this gift/bar to the playa. ($200)
Yes, there is a kitchen. Most folks gift one meal for 25 people (either breakfast, lunch, or dinner) to the village.
Yes, there is a requested donation of at least one handle of liquor to give back to the playa
Yes, there is a time commitment (Only 3 hours)
Yes, we have shade
Yes, we have a way to charge your phone.
Yes, we are an awesome bunch!

Visit our page, and see if we are a good fit for you.

http://swanbacchus.com/

tessellated

Post by tessellated » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 pm

Hey guys! We are 4 fully self reliant burners looking for a laid back camp
We are:
- Two veteran burners in a van for their honeymoon
- One tent containing one veteran and one virgin

Three of us are in San Francisco, and the other hails from Deleware.

We don't need any amenities, just want to meet some cool people and have a good time.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

nautiboy
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bubble Lounge

Bubble Lounge has space left! Check us out.

Post by nautiboy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Bubble Lounge is still accepting burners in need of a home on the playa!

Check us out at https://www.bubbleloungers.com/
to find out about us and our camp.

Be sure to see our FAQ here: https://www.bubbleloungers.com/faq.

If you like what you see and want to join us, submit your request here:https://www.bubbleloungers.com/joinus.

See y'all on the playa!

3TallBlokes

Post by 3TallBlokes » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:27 am

Hi,
We are three 6’7+ guys, excited to return to the magic of the playa for our 2nd Burn! The camp we planned to join is having issues with the power grid and so unfortunately we find ourselves seeking a new playa camp family that can accommodate us as one of the group has asthma and AC is imperative for clean air at night in his tent. We have are you tickets and shift-pods already. All three of us have incredible energies and hope to find a camp that can benefit from our vibe and positive, giving, loving, adventurous nature. We consist of two retired 🏀 players and a film industry scout 🎥 all in our 30s.

Please message us right away if this sounds like a good fit for your group. We’re ready to contribute any way we can to elevate the camp experience as well as the communal playa energy.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Much love.

beachpanic1
Burning Since: 2001

3 campers for a semi-forever home

Post by beachpanic1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:43 am

hi camps, we are 3 burners looking for meet some new friends and help contribute to a great event. I am a 42 yo, gay man from the south but have called SF home since 2000. I am a chef and have been coming to the burn since 2001 only missing 2 years. I still love going to a place where everyone is in a good mood - well mostly everyone, ha. the second is also a 42 yo gay man from Petaluma, a contractor by trade and a sweetheart. we are both down to help out early and are self contained. our third friend is a 33 yo gay man from socal, living in SF and may not arrive as early but is just a sweet and helpful. we are low drama and good vibes. we have also all been before and still enjoy coming back! lets talk on the phone and get to know each other for a chat if you have some space. your in the dust, beachpanic

Cygni
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Cygni » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:08 pm

I’m not new, might be the wrong place to post, but I’m looking for a specific camp. If anyone has contact info for the Temple of the Flying Spaghetti Monster we have GREATLY enjoyed their camp over the years and have misplaced their contact info but would really like to rap about some events that we might like to do with them this year before we hit Playa. Please let me know!

Thanks
Cygni
(Spider’s crew)

andy_kun

Post by andy_kun » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi!!

I'm a BM virgin too and looking for a camp if anything is open. I'm super excited about having this experience! I've been meaning to go for a very long time, and it's finally happening.

I know it's super last minute, but I'd love to find a fun camp to be with. I'm a 5'10", 32 yr old gay man living in NYC (originally from Eastern Europe). I work in tech, but I'm well educated beyond my field: I speak a couple of languages and I was a biochemistry major in college. I love art and music, and I'm so excited by the fabulous people, places, creations, energy etc.
I'm respectful and fun, and I love making friends. I'm handy with techy stuff, camping and tools, and can help out with a variety of things. (though I know there's a ton of experts at BM).

Ideally looking for a gay camp with fun folks. Anyone have a spot open?

Mama Robyn

Virgin solo burner in a pop-up

Post by Mama Robyn » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:54 am

My friend didn’t get a ticket, but I’m going anyway!! I’m radically self reliant, but now I’m thinking I’ll need a community (either a camp or a group) to celebrate my 40th birthday with! I have a popup camper and my own meal plan. I’m a Tarot hobbyist, a great camping cook, and an avid DIYer. I’d like an inexpensive minimal camp with shade and optional grey water removal. I also have an empty full sized bed unless said friend gets a miracle STEP ticket. I’m planning on a Monday arrival and a Saturday departure.

strong_foot
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: The Factory

Post by strong_foot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:45 pm

CALLING ALL ABLE BODIES!!
Do you have a penchant for hard work, long shifts, and low wages? Then do we have the place for you! With a little luck and perseverance, you could be the next willing laborer at THE FACTORY.
The Factory is a sophomore-year theme camp at Burning Man and we are currently looking for a few additional good-spirited, self-reliant folks to fill our already robust and talented roster of linesman. If you are heading to the Burn this year and need, or are looking for, a fun, growing camp to join, please consider us!
Important Information – Dues to join the camp will be $325, payable via PayPal. In exchange for your contribution you will be provided with: drinking water, shade structures and chill accommodations, fully functioning sound camp with complete roster of events and DJs, pizza, grilled cheese, hot showers (you MUST bring your OWN WATER for showers!!), great location, amazing vibes, camaraderie with the best crew this side of center camp, and so much more that can’t even be listed. Did I mention great location? This year we will be located at 2:15 & BACCHUS on a 150’ x 150’ plot of playa with ample room for activities.
If you are interested in camping with us or have any additional questions, please reach out to either Jr Gomatos (at jsg5792@mac.com), Reid Chatham (at reid.chatham@gmail.com), or Gerardo Felix (at gerardofelix94@outlook.com).
Signed,
The Board of Directors

BurnerBunny
Burning Since: 2007

Post by BurnerBunny » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm solo camping with a buddy this year. Will be my 3rd time so I'm well prepared.

Have extra shade to share (20'x20' total, using about half), and making a lounge area to chill in. It wouldn't be burning man without commiserating with campmates about the heat and dust over warm beer. Even have a sign made up with my camp's name: Nýr Óðr.

Doing a viking theme this year. If anyone wants to share space that'd be great. Say hi if you see us out there. No placement, so who knows where we'll end up. I'll be the tall bearded viking sucking his gut in so the leggings stay up.

Slipskin
Camp Name: Kanuckistan

Post by Slipskin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:35 pm

I have my ticket and have a vehicle pass to come down with my supplies, tools and gear for two weeks. I have a shade structure, tent and some solar panels.

Looking for a fun camp that I can help set up this year.

Outside of Burning Man I volunteer and Ranger at some local events. Usually something every month or so. I can provide references from last years camp (Kanuckistan), who is taking this year off this year.

I am positive, hard working, and bring gifts for those in need. Since my camp is taking this year off I am looking to help with another fun camp of all new future friends not in my area outside of my element.

Please message if you have space and are able to give a WAP. My email is phillwalsh69@hotmail.com Thank you.

Slipskin
Camp Name: Kanuckistan

Post by Slipskin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 pm

My usual camp is taking the year off. I have my ticket and have a camp this year but am looking for a WAP. I love the setup portion of BM as much as the event itself.

If ANYONE needs help with their build or knows someone with a pass that does, please point them in my direction. I come with tools and am very resourceful. Finally, I can provide many references to back my hard work ethic. Message me at phillwalsh69@hotmail.com

jellyfishsam
Burning Since: 1991
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by jellyfishsam » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Howdy,

Three relatively experienced burners from LA (by way of New York and London) seeking a camp to join! Totally self sufficient but one of us recently injured their foot and it’s made us nervous about our open camping plans this year. Don’t need any fancy infrastructure just hope to find a nice home we can point ourselves towards once we pass gate! We love helping out!

altmbr
Camp Name: Fox

Post by altmbr » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 am

Two burners on their third burn looking for a camp to join. First time we haven't set up our own camp.

We're both late 20s, Canadians, and co-founders of a tech startup that's now ~50 people. Love to debate and brainstorm the future. Excited about creating new relationships and expanding horizons. Having put together our own thing previously, we love to take initiative and contribute.

Please let me know by email : altmbr@gmail.com if you're a like-minded camp! We've got our tickets and have an extra one that we're happy to sell at FV ($425) to anyone part of the camp we join.

Return to “Camps & Villages”