Nashville <> BRC

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
sexyleira
Burning Since: 2015

Nashville <> BRC

Post by sexyleira » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:05 am

I’m driving out west to BRC this year with my 21 ft. camper and looking for someone who’d want to do the drive as well. I’m towing with a Ford Expedition so I’ll be able to bring out all of your supplies! And of course during the road trip you’ll have the camper to stay in.
I was thinking if either someone wants to break up the drive round trip with me or you can get the entire camper for you and your group one way.
Hope you all have a great burn!
Attachments
41559fdda67a4e85b020ef51122d8cc6.jpg
2017-5-KZ-RV-Connect-Lite-C211RBK-Travel-Trailer-Entertainment-Center.jpg
5c11511f9da3d15afb30a798.jpg
5c11511f9da3d15afb30a798.jpg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 435 times

littlejoshua19
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Nashville <> BRC

Post by littlejoshua19 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Hello!

First time Burner here. Are you still looking for road trippers?

I'm currently trying to figure out my final logistics with exactly this in mind. I'm in Nashville, debating between:

1.) Fly to Reno, burner express in/out

2.) Fly in, drive rental car in/out.

3.) Drive my car to near BRC, Rent another car, drive in/out, afterwards pick up my car and road trip onwards for another week or so.

My main hesitation in pursuing option 3 is the loooong drive solo (I'm going first time, and solo, just seeing what comes). I do, however, see immense appeal in being able to take a full car, but maybe I'm overthinking packing.

Would love some veteran input/advice!

strangeloop
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Arrakis Spice Market

Post by strangeloop » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Avoid option 2 if you can at all. No matter what, you'll get charged a massive cleaning fee, because it's physically impossible to get all the dust out of a car in a reasonable amount of time.

We've taken the bus in the last two burns, and it's a lovely drive, you avoid the massive vehicle lines coming in and going out, and you'll meet some great people along the way.

The only downside is they don't stop for Indian Tacos, and that's a damn shame.

jonhall205
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: Sweet Gnome Alabama

Post by jonhall205 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:17 pm

sexyleira wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:05 am
I’m driving out west to BRC this year with my 21 ft. camper and looking for someone who’d want to do the drive as well. I’m towing with a Ford Expedition so I’ll be able to bring out all of your supplies! And of course during the road trip you’ll have the camper to stay in.
I was thinking if either someone wants to break up the drive round trip with me or you can get the entire camper for you and your group one way.
Hope you all have a great burn!
Hey there,
Wondering how ur Burn turned out. We're from Nashville too. We fly into Reno and catch the burner express. We know a guy who comes from Alabama and he brings our stuff out and we pitch in on gas or whatnot. Would y'all consider driving again and are y'all part of a Nashville camp? We have a b-van but didn't want to mess with it.
J Bunz

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”