BRC to Reno Airport on Thurs of Burn Week - How?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let people know about it here.
fish77fish
Burning Since: 2016

BRC to Reno Airport on Thurs of Burn Week - How?

Post by fish77fish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 am

Hi friends, I need a ride from BRC to Reno Airport by 6pm Thursday of the burn (to catch a flight for a wedding :) ). Any suggestions on how best to find a ride? I imagine some (not many) people will also leave the playa that day (full of tears).

Right now I am thinking my best bet is to walk to gate area and try to hitch a ride by noon.

Note, there is no Burner Express bus Thurs and the flight is $400+, eek.

Jackass

Re: BRC to Reno Airport on Thurs of Burn Week - How?

Post by Jackass » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:27 am

Right now I am thinking my best bet is to walk to gate area and try to hitch a ride by noon.

That is your best bet, shouldn't take too long to get a ride, unless you have a pile of things with you.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Most everyone is afraid to commit to a ride for someone out of BRC. You know all the reasons. As you said, the best shot of a ride it to hold up a sign at the exit line. People are all still happy and euphoric and don't turn into default world assholes until they hit the pavement. :roll:

Good luck with your ride.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:54 pm

It's easy to get a ride to Reno. Hold up a sign. "Reno Airport". Pick a wide spot in the road where people can easily pull over. Maybe on the outer ring road. I don't know how many lanes head out on Thursday. Before you pass Greeters might be your best bet.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Rideshares & Resource Sharing”